-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dillon14

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1973 Dodge Dart Sport that has super low mileage, original body panels and original drivetrain.

This was a two-owner car which was stored for some 30 plus years by the original owner. Hence the low mileage. It would be a perfect clone candidate or a keep it as it is and make it your daily driver and cruise night car. I did find the original Broadcast Sheet under the rear seat and removed it to keep it safe. Of course it will go with the car.

Exterior: The “code JY3” Light Gold paint looks very nice but does have imperfections. The Dart Sport looks to have its original paint but upon closed observation, I believe it has been touched up in spots although I am not sure when. I went over the entire car with a soft magnet and found no areas where there was filler applied. There are two small areas of rust. One is on the driver’s side just behind the front wheel and down low. (See photo) The other is on the passenger’s side behind the rear wheel down low (see photo). Neither appears to have gone through the inner metal. I am quite confident that my Dart Sport still retains all of the original and solid body panels. All windows appear original and are in very good condition. The tires look very new and are mounted on what appears to be the original and excellent rims. The poverty hub caps are very good as well. All exterior items work such as:

· Head lights (high and low);

· Tail lights;

· Plate light;

· Blinkers (front and rear);

· Wipers;

· Horn.

Interior: The interior appears to be all original with the exception of the rug which I just replaced with a new one. No rips or tears in the seats, door panels or dash. The headliner has one small hole in the back, driver’s side. (See photo). There is also an area in the headliner under the driver’s side sun visor where something appears to have been mounted. (See photo) All gauges are functional as well as the heater and dome light. (The dome light has power but needs a bulb). The seat belts are all there and working.

Engine: What can I say about the 225ci six engine accept it’s pretty much all original. There looks to be a new alternator, starter and battery. The six starts quick, idles excellent and runs outstanding. I am told these engines are good for over 100,000 miles and more.

Trunk; Super clean with the original spare and jack assembly that I do not believe has ever been out of the trunk. Original “jack instruction” and “caution” stickers are present. Just needs a new trunk mat.

Undercarriage; The undercarriage is basically rust and rot free with a good exhaust. The only leak I see appears to be coming from the valve cover gasket above. Just look at the photos of the undercarriage and the interior floor pan and you will see what I mean.

ID Photos: I have many ID photos.

VIN Number: LL29C3G241016

VIN Number Decode:

· L Dodge Dart

· L Low Price Class

· 29 2-Door Sport Hardtop

· C 225ci, 1-2bbl

· 3 1973 Model Year

· G St. Louis Assembly Plant

· 241016 Sequence Number (VIN)

Body Plate:

Y5X END

JY3 U C73 H21 M26 R11

JY3 D2Y4 000 711 430239

E24 D34 LL29 C3G 241016

Body Plate Decode:

· E24 225ci 6-Cylinder 1-1BBL 105hp

· D34 Standard Duty Automatic Transmission

· LL29

§ L Dodge Dart

§ L Low Price Class

§ 29 2-Door Sports Hardtop

· C3G

§ C 225ci 6-Cylinder 1-1BBL 105hp

§ 3 1973 Model Year

§ G St. Louis, MO Assembly Plant

· JY3 Light Gold Lower Body Color

· D2Y4

§ D Deluxe Trim

§ 2 Vinyl Bench Seat

§ Y4 Medium Gold

· 000 Full Door Panels

· 711 Wednesday July 11, 1973 Production Date

· 430239 Body Number

· JY3 Light Gold Upper Body Color

· U Built to USA Specs

· C73 Fold Down Rear Seat

· M21 Drip Through Moldings

· M26 Wheel Lip Moldings

· R11 AM Music Master 2 Watt Radio

· V5X

§ V5 Body Side Protective Molding With Vinyl Insert

§ X Black

· END End of Sales Codes

Door Data Tag:

6-73

4395 2185 2215

LL29C3G241016

Door Data Tag Decode:

· 6 June

· 73 1973

· 4395 Gross Vehicle Weight Rating

· 2185 Gross Average Weight Rating – Front

· 2215 Gross Average Weight Rating – Rear

· LL29C3G241016 VIN Number

· 061922 06 Month/19th Day/22nd Hour

$9,995

I have lots of photos that I can send to interested parties through email.
IMG_4073_zpsu5nycvhy.jpg

1973 Dodge Dart Sport that has super low mileage, original body panels and original drivetrain.

This was a two-owner car which was stored for some 30 plus years by the original owner. Hence the low mileage. It would be a perfect clone candidate or a keep it as it is and make it your daily driver and cruise night car. I did find the original Broadcast Sheet under the rear seat and removed it to keep it safe. Of course it will go with the car.

Exterior: The “code JY3” Light Gold paint looks very nice but does have imperfections. The Dart Sport looks to have its original paint but upon closed observation, I believe it has been touched up in spots although I am not sure when. I went over the entire car with a soft magnet and found no areas where there was filler applied. There are two small areas of rust. One is on the driver’s side just behind the front wheel and down low. (See photo) The other is on the passenger’s side behind the rear wheel down low (see photo). Neither appears to have gone through the inner metal. I am quite confident that my Dart Sport still retains all of the original and solid body panels. All windows appear original and are in very good condition. The tires look very new and are mounted on what appears to be the original and excellent rims. The poverty hub caps are very good as well. All exterior items work such as:

· Tail lights;

· Plate light;

· Wipers;

· Horn.

Interior: The interior appears to be all original with the exception of the rug which I just replaced with a new one. No rips or tears in the seats, door panels or dash. The headliner has one small hole in the back, driver’s side. (See photo). There is also an area in the headliner under the driver’s side sun visor where something appears to have been mounted. (See photo) All gauges are functional as well as the heater and dome light. (The dome light has power but needs a bulb). The seat belts are all there and working.

Engine: What can I say about the 225ci six engine accept it’s pretty much all original. There looks to be a new alternator, starter and battery. The six starts quick, idles excellent and runs outstanding. I am told these engines are good for over 100,000 miles and more.

Trunk; Super clean with the original spare and jack assembly that I do not believe has ever been out of the trunk. Original “jack instruction” and “caution” stickers are present. Just needs a new trunk mat.

Undercarriage; The undercarriage is basically rust and rot free with a good exhaust. The only leak I see appears to be coming from the valve cover gasket above. Just look at the photos of the undercarriage and the interior floor pan and you will see what I mean.

VIN Number Decode:

· L Dodge Dart

· L Low Price Class

· C 225ci, 1-2bbl

· 3 1973 Model Year

Body Plate:

Y5X END

JY3 U C73 H21 M26 R11

JY3 D2Y4 000 711 430239

E24 D34 LL29 C3G 241016

Body Plate Decode:

· LL29

§ L Dodge Dart

§ L Low Price Class

· C3G

§ 3 1973 Model Year

· D2Y4

§ D Deluxe Trim

§ 2 Vinyl Bench Seat

§ Y4 Medium Gold

· 000 Full Door Panels

· 430239 Body Number

· U Built to USA Specs

· M26 Wheel Lip Moldings

· V5X

§ X Black

· END End of Sales Codes

Door Data Tag:

6-73

4395 2185 2215

LL29C3G241016

Door Data Tag Decode:

· 6 June

· 73 1973

$9,995

I have lots of photos that I can send to interested parties through email.View attachment 1715129445
Location?

· Tail lights;

· Plate light;

· Wipers;

· Horn.

VIN Number Decode:

· L Dodge Dart

· L Low Price Class

· C 225ci, 1-2bbl

· 3 1973 Model Year

Body Plate:

Y5X END

JY3 U C73 H21 M26 R11

JY3 D2Y4 000 711 430239

E24 D34 LL29 C3G 241016

Body Plate Decode:

· LL29

§ L Dodge Dart

§ L Low Price Class

· C3G

§ 3 1973 Model Year

· D2Y4

§ D Deluxe Trim

§ 2 Vinyl Bench Seat

§ Y4 Medium Gold

· 000 Full Door Panels

· 430239 Body Number

· U Built to USA Specs

· M26 Wheel Lip Moldings

· V5X

§ X Black

· END End of Sales Codes

Door Data Tag:

6-73

4395 2185 2215

LL29C3G241016

Door Data Tag Decode:

· 6 June

· 73 1973

$9,995

I have lots of photos that I can send to interested parties through email.View attachment 1715129445

Now $8,995

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back