1973 Dodge Dart Swinger, 23k Original Miles, unrestored beauty: $6450 (Central PA)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freefare

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi all. First, I need to get this out of the way: I wish I had found out about this site a long time ago. It's very well done with a lot of great posts by very knowledgeable Mopar fans. I just recently found out about the site from someone who suggested I mention post my Dart for sale here. It's a great community.

On to the car...

We (my father and I) are the 2nd owners of this car, although we've been "around" this car since it was "born". The car was owned by a "Senior Citizen Woman" (I'm being very politically correct) who was never married, never had pets, never smoked, and hardly ever (if ever) drove this car in the snow.

1.Dodge_Dart.jpg

It's been garage-kept its entire life, and as the woman got older, we were asked to assist in helping her maintain the car on a regular basis. Eventually, we ended up driving her around more and more - to the point that she couldn't drive any more. We eventually purchased the car.

After a handful of years, the reality has set in that we need to sell it (both of my kids are in braces... life is busy... we have enough "play cars" between Dad and I... you get the point).

Details:

THE GOOD:
  • Never restored
  • Slant six
  • Posi-Traction
  • Power Steering
  • Interior simply amazing
  • Back seat probably only used a few times (probably never before we got it, and only twice since we've owned it)
  • Runs great - starts quickly, drives like a dream
  • The body is in tremendous shape
  • Vinyl roof is nearly perfect
  • Ceiling liner is flawless
  • Dash is awesome. No other word for it.
  • We have the title, all numbers accurate
  • Everything works that we're aware of
  • Original spare tire
  • Chrome is all great
  • We drive it monthly to keep it happy (and us)

2.Dodge_Dart.jpg

THE HONEST:
  • There are a few small "grocery store dents" around the car. Not many.
  • There is a really stupid small scratch where we think something fell into it in the garage.
  • The back ledge inside (cardboard) is faded
  • One of the "Swinger" logos is a little loose
  • The glove box door is crooked, but I have seen pictures of new ones with the same thing!

The car is located in central Pennsylvania, near the town of State College, PA and the price is $6450. We had it appraised last summer for much higher than what we're asking for it.

3.Dodge_Dart.jpg

Please PM me for more information.

4.Dodge_Dart.jpg

I respect your time - if you are seriously interested in this car and would like to see even more specific pictures (or even video) than what I have on my web site, please let me know (serious inquiries only, though). I'll be more than happy to send you/post any other details.

One final thing: Shipping is available. We know someone locally that does flat-bed (unenclosed) transportation to (just about) anywhere. If you need a quote, let me know and I'll talk to him.

Thank you folks - for this opportunity. Sorry this is so wordy, but I wanted to be as detailed as possible.

Thanks Bamacuda. I've taken it to a few shows and the attention it has gotten has been a lot of fun. We love the car... which makes it even harder to part with... as I'm sure you can understand.

(sigh)

Not really my favorite year,BUT a very,very nice survivor car! Good luck with your sale!

John

Shame I'm not into green...I could always call it Irish Pride...that's a nice Swinger, and just up the road....good luck with the sale....

Thank you all for the nice comments. I really appreciate it - and the "good lucks!" -

And trust me. If I could *keep* this thing, I sure would. It would be fun to keep forever and hand down to my kids to destroy... er... uh... I mean drive and cherish.

:)

Thanks all - much appreciated!

Appears that you have a time capsule on your hands; the car looks great.
BTW, I've spent quite a bit of time in Aaronsburg and Milheim, and was a Grange Fair attendee for a number of years. You get over that way at all? It's a great area up there, including the people.

Appears that you have a time capsule on your hands; the car looks great.
BTW, I've spent quite a bit of time in Aaronsburg and Milheim, and was a Grange Fair attendee for a number of years. You get over that way at all? It's a great area up there, including the people.

Grange Fair is this week, I was just (ten minutes ago) talking with one of the guys from the band, Make Mine Country, playing there tomorrow night.

You folks blew my mind - referencing the Grange Fair!

And 340_dart_power, you're absolutely right- great area, great people. We were there last night - and several days before as well (have to give our digestive systems time to recover!).

It's an incredible event. For those of you not familiar: imagine the biggest "County Fair" - then add an "encampment". There are something like 800+ families staying in giant canvas tents (that have been in the families for generations) along with (and I'm not making this up) something like 1800 Campers/RVs/Trailers - plus the usual Rides, Livestock, Truck Pulls and obligatory fried mystery food!

It's an absolute spectacle. Oh, and this is like the 135th (!!) fair.

GTGrinly, that's a trip that you just talked to someone who is playing there! It would be a fantastic place to play (I'm a musician, too - and would so love that opportunity). I regret I won't be able to go back to see that band!

Thanks folks. Small world.

This brings back memories..when I was in high school, my neighbour had the identical car..too bad we just bought..yours looks like a sweet ride..

Understand about the braces..one just got them off, another soon to get them on.

I think you will not have any trouble selling at asking price.

Ian.

Hello Ian - Thanks for the note and the comments. I appreciate the sentiment regarding the braces! Makes me appreciate what my own parents went through to give me straight teeth!

Thanks also for the comment about the price. I feel it is fair, too - I need to sell it, but I want it to be fair for all parties.

Thanks!

Hello all!

I took the 'ole Swinger out for a ride tonight.

Me to Wife: "I need to go warm up the Dodge and check on it".

Me to Me: "Whoo hoo! Joy ride at sunset!"

So I had a great ride - and while the Swinger was sitting there purrin' before I put it away I thought it would be a great time to shoot a few seconds of video of the motor running (because I know how you all are!). Nothing fancy, un-edited, but it... sounded...so... good...

Yeah, I know it's not the V-8. But sometimes, that little slant six just sounds so smoooooooth. :)

Thanks again for all your comments and input.

Hi all:

I have had a couple of great "nibbles" on the car and a lot of really good feedback and interest. I want to try to move things along though, because I'd like to sell it before winter.

There's a big car show coming up not far from me (Carlisle, PA) and I'm thinking about attending with the car. It will cost me a good bit to attend (transportation, entrance fee, car-corral fee, advertising, etc.) so I thought rather than have that come out of the cost of the car I would just lower the price now and see what happens.

I also think this price might help people with paying for transporting the car back home.

Hopefully someone out there agrees!

I'm open to any feedback/suggestions you all might have, too!

Thanks...

I sold my car! I'm happy that it sold - but sad to see it go. I went for a long time without hearing anything from any interested parties, then the last few weeks I got a LOT of inquiries for some reason. If the gentleman that purchased it hadn't of, I had several others behind him that were ready. I was very happy with the response.

Thanks to you all for the great feedback. This is a great forum.

-freefare.

Thanks GTXperience! Yeah, I actually do plan on sticking around and doing some reading from time to time. There's a lot of good reading and conversation here. So yup, I'll stick around as long as it doesn't make me miss the Dart too much!

Well done on the sale. I'm sure the new owner will be in 7th heaven with his new acquisition.
Watched this from the first thread - you have great humility, and the car is very special too.
Now, ease that grieving and treat yourself to another nice Mopar.

Mike

Thanks 340_dart_power - always good to make a PA connection indeed! (still recovering from our freak snow storm last week!)

And thanks mikey - I greatly appreciate the comments! Nice of you to say.

Now I need to sell my domain that had to advertise the car (mydodgedart) (dot com) :)

So if any of you folks are interested in it, let me know! It's a great place to show off your Dart! (I'm flexible on the price, make me an offer!)

Thanks again folks.
David ("freefare")

340_dart_power: Indeed it is always good to connect with PA folks! We're still recovering from our freak snow storm last week. It was beautiful, but very destructive!

mikey: Thanks for the nice comments. I really appreciate it. And somehow... I have a feeling there might be another fine Mopar in my future (down the road!) :)

Thanks folks!

David ("freefare")

Hi all - I've tried posting this a few times and for some reason it never shows up (user error?!) :)

First of all, thanks much for your nice comments, mikey!! I have indeed communicated numerous times with the new owner, and he loves it. He bought it to drive it. Isn't that cool? It also turned out that my car was just like his daughter's first car, so he was excited to show it off to her. Great fun, and always fun to see a sale go that way.

IN OTHER NEWS: I need to SELL MY DOMAIN - (www mydodgedart com) (the dots were removed to prevent spammage).

I want $100 for it - first 100 takes it. I have had some folks show interest in it for more money, but they are taking too long. And I don't need the domain any more (sadly). The $100 clams covers the costs I've had since I've had that server running, so that's why I came up with that number. Small price to pay to show off your cool Dart by saying "visit mydodgedart(dot)com!"

It has proven to be a LOT of fun when I'm at shows. I even had little cards printed out with the address on it. Pretty cool.

Drop me a note to let me know if you're interested. I'd like to sell it before I have to renew the domain and hosting agreement.

Thanks all!

THE HONEST:
  • There are a few small "grocery store dents" around the car. Not many.
  • There is a really stupid small scratch where we think something fell into it in the garage.
  • The back ledge inside (cardboard) is faded
  • One of the "Swinger" logos is a little loose
  • The glove box door is crooked, but I have seen pictures of new ones with the same thing!

Those have got to be the most interesting lows to a car I've ever seen. Most are usually "lower quarters have rust", "needs tune up" etc etc but yours are definitley interesting. Very cool car man, I'd love to own it. I'd cruise it exactly like it is...only possible change would be wheels.=P~

Thanks Mikey and all. Much appreciated - the new owner LOVES his car! That's a great thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back