1973 Dodge Dart wipers

-

Caberocks

Reaction score
The wipers on my 73 Dart don't work. They seem to have 3 different settings, but when I turn the knob I just get a loud clicking noise that sounds like it's coming from under the dash. Any ideas what might be going on?

The plastic clips on the wiper transmission are broken under your dash and the linkage has dropped off. Happens all the time which is why I now go wiperless on my 73.

The first linkage goes from wiper motor all the way across to the left pivot post. Second linkage goes from there back across to drive the right pivot. So all the work load is on the first linkage and that left pivot. Replacing all the bushings alone requires removing the inst' panel and the glove box liner. And you'll likely do this every 2 or 3 years. To do it once and be done for many years longer, buy linkage bushings and pivot seal kits. Mark the pivots with a sharpie before removing. Reseal per instructions provided with those kits, reinstall rotated 180 degrees from where they were ( 2 bolt housings make them symmetrical ).

-
Back