1973 Duster manual steering box

-

1973duster340

Reaction score
I am in need of a manual steering box for my 1973 duster. I looked online and found a few places that listed them for about $235-$245 but they were all discount type online auto part stores with no brand name listed. I did find a Jim's Auto Parts that had it but it was about double the price. I just bought this car and I am not that familiar with where is the best place to buy parts like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Jeremy

Google the company Firm Feel Inc. They will rebuild yours, sell you the kit to rebuild yours or sell you a new one. From what I have read from other peoples testimonies, they will do wonders for the feel of the steering in your car. The only thing is that if you buy one of their new ones, be prepared to pay upwards of $500 for their new ones. I have a 73 manual box to put in my 67 Dart, but I had thought about sending it to them to have them rebuild it.

Flaming River makes a brand new one for A-Bodys.but it's not cheep and they are made out of steel and not aluminum.my 73 dart has one on it

Thanks for the info everyone. It seems like Firm Feel and Steer and Gear both have good reputations. Im sure i will go with one of them. Thanks

Jeremy

-
Back