1973 Duster spotted at local parts yard, complete!

-

TheMoparMan

Modifies everything
Reaction score
I was at the local parts yard today on katella Ave near Beach blvd next to the RV park. It's the Anaheim location Not far from the Stanton yard. Anyway spotted them bringing in a 1973 Duster. I was already there getting parts for my wife's car and saw the a body roll in under its own power. It's a 3 speed auto with 318 v-8 fold down rear bench and bucket front seats. Had the rally wheels with center caps too. I couldn't help myself and had to see if I could get me a couple of things. I went for the rear view mirror assembly, the glove box anchor that keeps it from opening too far, the wiper knob and that was all I really needed...... Posting it here for other locals in case you need parts. Probably wont last that long as people spread the word. There were people in the yard taking pictures of the duster, probably to share with others in search for a body parts. Anyway, hope the info is useful to a couple of you parts wise........

You didn't grab the buckets and or not just the bucket seat tracks?

Didn't have room as I was on a motorcycle for the seats. Have an extra set for my car already. Just picking up a couple things for the wife when I saw it. Grabbed small things I could fit in my pockets for the trip back. They were things I needed so I'm happy to share the info for others to get what they need.

Pick Your Part
8188 Katella Ave
Stanton, CA 90680

tel: (800) 962-2277

www.pickyourpart.com

On katella ave between beach blvd. and dale ave.

I'd be quick if any of you need stuff as I'm sure it will be picked over quickly.

I was drivin down a street a few blocks from my house and seen a duster ,didn't look to have motor in it , I stopped and ask if it was for sale he said I can have it for 250 , I looked under and YES disk brakes it was a 73. , I've been looking for months for disk brakes setup to put on my 68 valiant. Floors and trunk needs some love but got parts that I needed ,I got lucky that day.

I was at the local parts yard today on katella Ave near Beach blvd next to the RV park. It's the Anaheim location Not far from the Stanton yard. Anyway spotted them bringing in a 1973 Duster. I was already there getting parts for my wife's car and saw the a body roll in under its own power. It's a 3 speed auto with 318 v-8 fold down rear bench and bucket front seats. Had the rally wheels with center caps too. I couldn't help myself and had to see if I could get me a couple of things. I went for the rear view mirror assembly, the glove box anchor that keeps it from opening too far, the wiper knob and that was all I really needed...... Posting it here for other locals in case you need parts. Probably wont last that long as people spread the word. There were people in the yard taking pictures of the duster, probably to share with others in search for a body parts. Anyway, hope the info is useful to a couple of you parts wise........

It rolled in under its own power!!!, you should have tried to buy it before it was put out to pasture. I have bought stuff from my local yard as it has rolled off the rollback. Once the junkyard turns the title into the state its finished. Especially in kalifornia where the state hates old cars and thinks they are all gross polluters. You probably could have gotten the whole car for a couple hundred bucks, cleaned it up a little and sold it on fabo and made some money, plus kept it from being destroyed.

The sad truth is that the car is worth more in parts and crush after it's stripped than whole.

It rolled in under its own power!!!, you should have tried to buy it before it was put out to pasture. I have bought stuff from my local yard as it has rolled off the rollback. Once the junkyard turns the title into the state its finished. Especially in kalifornia where the state hates old cars and thinks they are all gross polluters. You probably could have gotten the whole car for a couple hundred bucks, cleaned it up a little and sold it on fabo and made some money, plus kept it from being destroyed.

It would crush for more than a couple hundred bucks. They will make a whole lot more selling it as parts.

-
Back