1973 Duster Stock Radio Mounting

-

Kom01

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of a 1973 factory radio mounting bracket/position,
As my dash come without a radio and looking to put a stock radio in, i am going to fabricate a mounting bracket myself, so any pictures of radio and bracket installed would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

The radio mounted with the pot shafts to the dash frame/bezel. Then there is a bracket that supports the rear of the radio on one side. If I remember correctly, it connects somewhere in the ashtray area.
I just came across the bracket out in the garage, I can get a pic of it and post later tonight.

no worries , thanks for the info, do you have a picture of the back bracket to where it conects to the dash frame/ashtray area..?
Tha ks

I will look tomorrow and see if I can get a picture of the mounting point.

20190410_213114.jpg

20190410_213127.jpg

I cant really get a picture. Looks like the bracket attaches to the lower lip of the dash frame a couple inches to the right of the ash tray.

not a problem , thanks for the help,
Are you willing to sell that bracket you sent me pictures of.?

I need it for my car but you should be able to find one on here.

I should have an extra.....just a matter of finding it. Im looking through my parts today searching for other things. If I come across one I will let you know.

I'm trying to think ahead. I have a new Pioneer Radio modelDXT-226UB AM/FM/CD (single CD) that came w/4speakers & I had originally bought the radio for a '93 Dakota & bought a Scoshe Installation kit, along with another pair of speakers. My question is, IF I decide to use this radio, does anyone know of an install kit, IF I can't make this one work? I also am at odds as to whether I want to keep the stock radio mounted, in it's original place, for the stock look and mount the new radio elsewhere, or not. Of course there may not be enough room to mount it in the stock location anyway (BUT, it doesn't have A/C, so shouldn't be as cramped, as an A/C car). I saw a '69 Plymouth GTX, that the owner left the stock radio, in it's factory location & mounted a custom radio, in the glovebox. But, I'm just kicking around ideas. I kinda want the stock look, but I also want some more modern things about it too, if you know what I mean? Thanks Folks, :thumbsup:

-
Back