1973 Duster

-

t-granger

Reaction score
So I am new here and have started doing a restore on my 1973 duster. I am proud to say that it was completely rust free when I had it dipped. I am doing the restore a little different, I have a lot of pics but it is uploading slow so I am trying a few at a time. let me know what you think?

Nice body for sure. Real nice place to start and being on FABO is also a great move.
Welcome T granger.

Wow, lots of nice 1973's lately. Can't wait to see the progress on this one.

thanks I will have to resize the pics and send more. Has anyone seen a Duster with a new mopar 6.1 hemi in them

Firewall getting worked on and new support braces.
Old trunk shot no rust even in here.

And new trunk shot with new fuel tank.

couple more pics for you guys.
She's going to be rolling on 18.in boyds
This is the before on the firewall of course.
I got the Vintage Air unit sitting in the car in this pic.
Wait until you guys see the new gas cap I am going to use, it is sweet.

Pics of that coming soon.

I am getting close to deciding on the motor choice.

I know I want a 727 trans with a GV, but as for the motor I am going between the 6.1 hemi and an old school 408. Either way it is going to cost me. not looking forward to that hole it is going to punch in my wallet.

I know I want a 727 trans with a GV, but as for the motor I am going between the 6.1 hemi and an old school 408. Either way it is going to cost me. not looking forward to that hole it is going to punch in my wallet.
Nice job can't wait to see the finished product. Nice shop!

looks great Im just starting a 1973 duster resto myself but needs lots of metal replacement I will be posting as I go ...love the fuel cell where did you get it ? looking forward to seeing more pics...

Great job on the Pro Touring build! Lots of guys here are working on Pro Touring Mopars. What tank did you use? I'm looking to find a tank to use with my Pro Touring build and I think you nailed it with that one. I'm guessing a mustang tank?

Which gas door? I'm using the new Challenger fuel door.

I'm going to subscribe to this build!

Riddler

The tank is from Rick's hotrod's in El paso it is close to the mustang tank but it is all custom made.

As for the gas cap I was going to use a Challenger gas cap assembly, but I finally decided to go with something that is a flush mount that pops up to open. somewhat like the Harley tank caps that you have to push in for them to pop up.

Still waiting for UPS to send it to me should have been here today but due to the holidays probably be here tomorrow.

I will keep you informed

Right on. Don't succumb to the Challenger gas cap phobia. Too predictable.

I can't wait to see the fuel door you've chosen. I'm not sure about the comment "blackbomber" posted, but I'm exicted to use the new Challenger fuel door on my car.

I'm going to send you a PM about the fuel tank and such. I assume it came with the EFI pump and baffles and such?

Riddler

ok here is the latest new pics for the car a please let me know what you think about the dash. I am still waiting for the gas cap looks like another 2 weeks for that.

I can not figure out how to write between the pictures yet.

Roof rail has been removed and a/c unit has been fit in.

The back wheel is too far forward but it will be moved back half an inch.

one more picture of how it looked after it was dipped. forgot to add this one first

I've been saying and planning to chop and shave the drip rail as well. I was worried about how the windshield trim looks and such but I was able to inspect a 74 Duster just yesterday and decided I was going to do that.

Not really a fan of the dash but I guess it's not done so I really can't give 100%. I'm planning to keep my dash fairly stock but with some nice aftermarker gauges.

Keep up the great work.

Riddler

Go to Muscle Motors and look at the stroked 360 crate engine...6000 bucks..I think it is a good deal...

http://www.musclemotorsracing.com/engines/small-block-street-killer-krate.html

I did the dash this way because I do not like the a/c vents sitting under the dash also this way I can have a nice radio in the car. It gets hot here in Texas so everybit of cold air hitting you is better.

also although it is a little time until I get one I think I am going to go with the Keisler 4 speed auto. this way it is computer controlled and it will have the overdrive.

almost the same cost as doing the 727 with the gear vendor.

I am trying to get a good deal on a Indy Cylinder 6.1 hemi but they are not budging on the price. My nose is bleeding the price is so high.

The drip rail removed does not effect the window in any way either I think it makes the Duster look cleaner.

I have to decide on a side mirror now because I smoothed out everything else. Maybe a Old challenger mirror? well see..

Hey guys what do you think about the cowl where the outside a/c vent were. Again trying something different.

-
Back