-
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtires24

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 1973 340 4 Spd car ( H code car)

Have fender tag. As follows

Dart sport fender tag

LM23:
Dodge Dart,Demon
Medium
2 Door Hardtop

H38: 340 240HP(net) 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Export

293481: Sequence number

E55: 340 cid 4 barrel V8 275hp
D21: 4 Speed Manual Transmission
CK6: Bronze Poly Exterior Color
F4L3: Trim - Luxury, Vinyl Split Bench Seat, Parchment
000: Full Door Panels
112: Build Date: January 12
825938: Order number

CK6: Bronze Poly Top Color
C: Canada Specifications
A88: Interior Decor Group
B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
C73: 69 only Fold Down Rear Seat
F13: 60 Amp Alternator

C01: Unknown
J54: Sport Hood
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
N41: Dual Exhaust
N42: Chrome Exhaust Tips
N76: Coolant Recovery System

EN1: End of Sales Codes
B11: H.D. Drum Brakes 10in - Auto Adj. (A-Body)
V21: Performance Hood Treatment
V6X: Longitudinal Stripes, Black
V8X: Tranverse Stripes, Black
26: 26in Radiator

This would be a killer car if brought back to factory specs.

Has a 340 in it and a 4 Spd in it. Not numbers matching though.
Will need some floors and 1/4 pannel attention.

I owned this car since 1999/2000 and have put a fair amount into it, but it has also sat for a while as well.

Redid all brakes from booster/lines/calipers/master/ wheel cyl. Has new center force clutch with 100 km on it at best. Interior is presentable.

The problem is I have attachment to this car. So it will be hard to let it go. I own others, and it's time to thin the fleet.

Have owned over 100 cars, and this was the second car I ever owned.

Please respect mine and your time.

$6900
Maple ridge BC canada

Attachments

• image.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,670
Do you have the sport hood and snorkle scoop for it?
How about the tips and exhaust manifolds too? B.C. registration in your name?
Please clarify the decoding of the fender tag in a few places, i think you might have misread some of them.
LM23 is for a Swinger 2 door hard top, not a Dart Sport. The Dart Sport would be LM29, which is a 2 door fastback sport coupe, and the ''8'' for the assembly plant should be a ''B'' for Hamtrack, Mi. not an export.
Also, i think the ''C01'' is actually a ''G01'' which is for the electric rear heat defroster which would add up seeing that the car was originally a fold down rear seat car.
The B11 has got me stumped. It is for the h.d. 10'' drum brakes on '72 and older cars, and yours is a '73. Are you sure it isn't R11 for the standard a.m. radio? It's in the right place on the tag.
I am interested in the car, but i would like to see more pictures of the problem areas mentioned, namely the rust. I'm not expecting a rust free car for this price at all, but i would like to see what i might be up against.
Thanks,
Tom.

Do you have the sport hood and snorkle scoop for it?
How about the tips and exhaust manifolds too? B.C. registration in your name?
Please clarify the decoding of the fender tag in a few places, i think you might have misread some of them.
LM23 is for a Swinger 2 door hard top, not a Dart Sport. The Dart Sport would be LM29, which is a 2 door fastback sport coupe, and the ''8'' for the assembly plant should be a ''B'' for Hamtrack, Mi. not an export.
Also, i think the ''C01'' is actually a ''G01'' which is for the electric rear heat defroster which would add up seeing that the car was originally a fold down rear seat car.
The B11 has got me stumped. It is for the h.d. 10'' drum brakes on '72 and older cars, and yours is a '73. Are you sure it isn't R11 for the standard a.m. radio? It's in the right place on the tag.
I am interested in the car, but i would like to see more pictures of the problem areas mentioned, namely the rust. I'm not expecting a rust free car for this price at all, but i would like to see what i might be up against.
Thanks,
Tom.

Looks like you have fixed any decoding issues on fender tag. See background in first pic, two extra hoods, one with scoop ( blue hood, black scoop)

This is an EARLY 73 car. It has a 72 K frame. Original to the car, has 340 washer welded to the k frame. So the r11 could be real. Will look at codes again today.

Yes it's BC regi. It was my second car ever, drove it daily up until 7 years ago. Would still drive today.

No exhaust manifolds. Yes I have tips that could go with car.

See pic for 1/4.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,498
Correction LM29
Correction R11
Looks like C01 to me

And sorry, but I changed the price. Wasn't sitting right with me. Like I said, it's hard to let this one go, but would rather someone fix it up sooner than later!

Thanks for the additional pictures and info.
I know it's hard to let go of a car you've had for a long time.
To get this car, i would have to let go of one of my long term family members, so i know where you're coming from.
How do you like the centerforce clutch?
Were there any issues you faced when installing it?

It looks like G01 to me, which would make sense.
Thanks for posting pics of the fender tag.

Couple people marginally interested. Also selling on craigslist.

Super fun car, and would look awsome restored to original. I just have too many cars

Also selling a short box 1979 d100 and a 1926 model T truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back