1973 up dart toys?

-

mopardrt

Reaction score
I know they are not really TOYS per say but does anyone know if any company has ever releases a 1973-1976 Dart swinger model or replica?

Hot wheels just released a 72 duster in the mainline $.99 group
it's white with crowler on the side. Drag car theme, they will also be 3 different color combinations before the year ends.get
them while there hot.

MPC made 1975 and 1976 Promos and 1/25 scale kits ; the 1976 was re-released in 1984 as the "Dodge Duster" under the MPC-come-ERTL name ; and it was re-released again in c.2004 .

As far as I know , no one makes the 1973 / 1974 grille .

Only Swinger models I have every seen are the Revell 67 and 68.

There is the old MPC 75 Dart Sport kit. Ya I know it says it is a Duster but it aint.

Attachments

• 100_6089.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 150
Yes, the new model by NEO in 1/43 scale is the ONLY 73 & up style Swinger model I've ever seen or heard of. Highway 61 makes 1/18 scale 70 & 71 Swingers.

http://www.neoscalemodels.com/produkten.aspx?Categorie=Nieuw&Pagina=7

It appears to be a European manufacturer. I have no idea when this, just announced, new release will be out, if it will be available in any other colors than the blue shown in the photo, or if there are any vendors in the US that will carry it. I don't collect 1/43 scale vehicles, but depending on the manufacturer, I know that 1/43 scale miniatures can range in price from a couple dollars to several hundred dollars, or anywhere in between. I don't know where this manufacturer falls in pricing either. Good luck.
Looking at the photo of the Dart, and NEO's other 1/43 scale cars, I'm guessing it doesn't have an opening hood nor opening doors.

There's the old MPC release of the "Hemi Hunter" which was a reissue of the "L A Dart". You could graft the Dart Sport nose onto the Swinger body.You'll have to fashion a trunklid, unless you want to cut up yet a third kit: One of MPC's dirt track stockers. It originally was a Petty # 43 car and fetches a pretty healthy price. There has been a generic reissue that should cost less. I'll try and get the numbers for them.

-
Back