-
Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel_depetro

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
I have a nice complete & original A-body 8-1/4" 3.23:1 sure-grip rear axle assembly I removed from my 1974 Duster 360 4-speed.
Good condition and 100% complete from drum to drum and has fluid in it. Will drain it if buyer wants.
The only reason I removed this axle is because I went with an 8-3/4" axle since I had a couple A-body units around and have a lot of different sure-grip 3rd members set-up with various gears for easy interchangeability between any of my cars.

$275.00

Marquette, MI 49855

p1030881.jpg

p1030880b.jpg

p1030882gh.jpg

As a complete unit, I'd expect it would have to go by truck freight.

FYI, truck freight isn't very expensive, but it can take a while. I think it cost me $150 to have my Dana shipped from Ohio to California.

No I have not.
I didn't realize it, but last night we received a ton of I went outside today and we had a good 8-10" on the ground. It is still coming down, and wont stop until tonight.
The Duster 360 is at my parents house a few miles away, and the axle is still under it.
Hopefully tomorrow the weather will clear up and the roads by my parents will be cleared out (they are always a day behind for the county plows to go by).

Not much of an appetizer, however here are photos of my Duster 360 4-speed.

project29.jpg

Thats fine my friend and keep all that snow up there we don't need it down here. I'm really interested in the rear end for my 74 dart swinger. So when you can get some pics it will be great. Two weeks ago I went to Kentucky for a rearend a guy had on here he said it was an 8 1/4 and I drove all the way there to pick it up and when he open the grage door there sat a 7 1/4 rearend needless to say I was just a little pissed off. So I'm a little gun shy now on what people say they have. Hope to here from you.

Man, that sucks!
I can assure you, this is the original rear axle out of my Duster 360 4-speed and it is 100% an 8-1/4" axle.
I just picked up a 1973 Duster last night, so I thought of pulling this axle off the market, however I have another 1974 8-1/4" unit that I just built with a brand new clutch type Trac_Lok differential, disc brakes, and 3.55:1 gears so I do not need the keep them both.
Have no fear, I'll get photos none the less. I will need them for my library anyways.

Photos have been added to the first thread.
It was cold outside and I didn't feel like crawling under the car all the way, but this will show what the buyer is getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back