1974 Dart Swinger

-
Yes, it's been a while since we have posted here but the Dart is still around. We changed the old cover on her today for a newer one and gave her a good hand wash and then a detail wipe down. We're about to move to a new home within the next 2 months so hopefully once we get situated, we can once again turn our attention to this Swinger. We have newly recovered seats I would love to install and a motor I would love to swap once time, money, and space all become available!!!

Attachments

• 000_2297.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 723
  • 000_2298.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 694
  • 000_2299.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 718
  • 000_2300.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 687
I wish i could get my son's out there like that ... i have 6 darts and they could care less .. oh well i'l keep trying.. grate job cant wait to see more

That ignition box has been replaced before. What you see melted is from the previous box from when we bought the car. It might be next weekend before we get a chance to re-check the car with our busy schedules.
My son and I went out and checked a 69 RoadRunner with a 383/4-speed that a guy told me about for $2500. Needless to say, we aren't interested in the RR, but we did find two Darts and the wrecked one we already spoke about buying for it's parts. Hope to work out a deal with him this week for the interior and then possibly the motor on down the road. The rear fin will be ours but he's keeping the hood scoops for a Satelite he has.

man that turquize dart looks like at on point it was a nice car to bad someone secrewed it up

Driving on post yesterday and spotted this parked in front of the Class-VI store. I liked it even though its a 4 door. Not much going on with the Dart due to time and $$$ constraints. Its sitting under a new car cover in the driveway currently.

Attachments

• mms_picture.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 521
  • mms 2.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 517
  • mms 3.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 514
I have this picture of the Dart all washed up right after we trailered it to our new house. I hope to wash and wax her all up this weekend and maybe even install the new replacement seats inside. If I do, (pending good weather) I will be sure to post updated pictures.

Attachments

• Dart polished.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 494
Well we moved out towards the edge of town because the owner of the home we were renting wanted to sell the home. We are happy with where we are now, but really want something bigger and possibly with some land. I am due to deploy next year and when I get back from that we plan to look for and buy a home that we will retire in. A priority for that home is to have a "out-building" that can house 2-3 cars. Then I can really dig into the Dart and do what I need to it, protected from the elements. Plus I would have a place to store the atv's, dirt bikes, and Harley rather than hogging up all the garage space!

Today, Veterans Day, I uncovered the Dart for the first time since around early August. I got my truck washed and waxed last weekend and hope to get the Dart done tomorrow. Its looking a little grungy in these pictures. It will look much better after I get her all cleaned up again.

Attachments

• 100_5338.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 455
  • 100_5339.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 468
  • 100_5340.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 434
Well I got the Dart all polished out, body, chrome, and rims. Then cleaned all the windows, very time consuming, haha. But it pays off in the long run. Cover goes back on Monday since we are expecting 2.5+ inches of rain between Monday and Tuesday night. People were driving by the house today and were staring at the car as they drove by, gotta love it!

Attachments

• 100_5348.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 454
  • 100_5349.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 438
  • 100_5350.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 421
Hope to get to a new yard to check out what they have this weekend. Dont know much about the yard or even if I am aloud to go inside and walk around, but will find out and hopefully get some pictures as well.

its nice to see people actually restorying the 74 darts. i bought mine when i was 14 and started re doing it myself and im only 19 now lol

-
Back