Not open for further replies.

INVUJerry

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
My name is Jerry Johnson.
The car is located in Glen Burnie, MD.
The best way to contact me is e-mail [email protected] or call me 410 491 9646. You can call anytime on the weekends, and on the weekdays after 3:30PM.

Hey guys, I've got a pretty much stock 74 Dart SE up for sale/trade. I need to move this, my daily driver is in pieces, and my wife just started working 26 miles from home. She's been driving our Dodge Dakota, and I've been in my 05 neon. I need to sell this to get something better to daily drive. Besides, work has cut overtime hours, and I was really banking on it for Christmas this year. I would really like to sell this, and buy another neon to daily, so my wife can drive our 05 neon.

The dart has the 318 motor, 904 trans, 8.75" rear with 2.79 I believe gears.

The Bad: It's got a power steering leak from somewhere on the driver's side, the driver's side floor pan has been patched, but not well and will need to be replaced, the trunk pan needs replaced, the rear quarters are rusting like any good 60-70's mopar, and the speedo cable got melted by the exhaust. It has a hacked up cherry bomb exhaust system the previous owner put on it. I do have a quote from a local shop to re-do it for me with two magaflow mufflers and dumps for $200. The gas tank when I bought the car was dented, so 1/4-1/3 tank is empty (ask me how I know....). Recently a small leak has developed in the top of the tank, so you can't fill it now either. The paint was re-done sometime in the 80's, but it's defiantly showing it's age. The car was originally a tan/yellow color, and was re-spayed black. I just washed it the other day and blew some paint off, so I shot it with some flat black primer. The two front tires do not match, the rear two do.

The Good: It runs like a god damn champ! Every time I've went to start it, it's been there. My buddy's father was using it as a daily driver for 3 years or so. The frame is straight with little rust on it. The power steering works great, and the crank down rear windows are the best. It has ran a very consistent 16.6@80mph when I ran it at the drag strip, with 2.2 60's all day. The heat the car kicks out is phenomenal. It's been warm enough where I had to turn it off, but I haven't tested it in the dead of winter today. I did install a stewart warner tachometer since the speedometer is not working so I know how fast I am going.

Here's one pic:
Picture001.jpg

And here's a link to the album, there is even a cold start video:
http://s337.photobucket.com/albums/n396/INVUJerry1/74 Dart/

Trades: I'd give anything consideration. I would really prefer a neon with a manual transmission.

I would prefer to not have to ship this car.

good seller here.

the plat is still broke? what are you waiting on? you should sell this and buy my acr :cheers:

Thanks guys lol. Yes the plat is still broke, and it's getting a 12.5:1 sohc motor. I would love the acr but I'm getting a certain colored 95 neon this weekend.

Make me offers. I was driving my new neon home and the timing belt broke, I need to fix it and I need money quick.

I got the wiring for my truck fixed up today. If you want it deliever I can bring it withing a few miles for a fee, let me know.

I have an 89 dakota p/u I will trade you for it.it has a miss in it not shour what it is truck was my daughters she bouht a new car so we parked it has alot of new parts on it if I cant get rid of it it will become a run threw the field and woods truck.

This Dart was on Craigslist not too long ago ( within the last year ) for a lot less money in the same condition.

Major title issue found

Any idea what this is about? It was on your eBay auction.

The mileage is over 100K miles, and the odometer only clicks to 99K miles. In MD you have to put "exceeds mechanical limits" after that point, that's the only issue.

I have an 89 dakota p/u I will trade you for it.it has a miss in it not shour what it is truck was my daughters she bouht a new car so we parked it has alot of new parts on it if I cant get rid of it it will become a run threw the field and woods truck.

Unfortunately I don't need another car now, I bought a car that was to be my daily driver, but it broke on the way home. Just need money to help me get it on the road (title, inspection, etc).

This Dart was on Craigslist not too long ago ( within the last year ) for a lot less money in the same condition.

Yep, I bought this car from my friend Jim in June. It was listed for $1500 which is what I really want to get out of it to break even. I started the listing high hoping someone would lowball me down.

hope you sell it man even tho i would hate to see it go was a good daily driver for me

I know man, I drove it a little while last night, but I really need to get my new neon on the road. How's your other car going?

demon comeing along just got my 4 speed setup should be going down the road by the end of summer

And it's been two weeks since I've heard from the seller. Hopefully he isn't trying to burn me. He still has my tags, and owes me $300. Tried calling him tonight to no answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back