-
Status
Not open for further replies.

7duster4

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking to see if there is any interest in my 1974 Plymouth Duster 318. I have had this car for over 9 years. I purchased it as my first car in 2006 when I was 18. Tons of parts/money has been put into it during this time. Most work was performed by my father and I. I simply do not drive the car near as much as I used to. Just sits in the garage and would like it to go to a good home where the car can be enjoyed. I do not have the interest I once had to continue working on it. The odometer says 39,000, I believe this to be 139,000. The car is located in Cincinnati Ohio. I am asking $11,500. I am negotiable but I don't want to give it away considering how much time I have into it. Here is a summary about what has been done in the last 9 years. I'm sure I am missing things. - Original numbers match 318 and 904 Torqueflite have both been rebuilt. 318 is a mild combo with performer intake, eddy 600cfm carb, 340 cam. roughly 12,000 miles on the rebuild. The transmission rebuild also included a new converter and sfi flexplate. -Engine rebuild also included new distributor, alternator, mini starter, orange box ignition, MSD coil, Taylor plug wires. -Extensive body work including both quarters, rocker panels. Also left fender that came from a donor car. Re-painted in original Frosty Green Metallic back in 2008. Paint has incredible shine. The body work is not perfect as there are some flaws but overall everything looks great. Also lenses, emblems and some trim have been replaced. Also added a functional duel snorkel hood scoop. - Original 8 1/4 rear end with added 3.21 gears and sure-grip. Also new u-joints. -New duel exhaust, shocks, ball joints, leaf springs, idler/pitman. Addcco front and rear anti-sway bars, power steering box. -New fuel tank and sending unit. Fuel/vent line (Fuel gauge has since quit) -New carpet, tuff steering wheel, after market cd player. -1971 Rallye wheels with Tiger Paw radial tires that are nearly new with a couple hundred miles on them. 215/70/R14 all around. Also new rear drums/shoes/wheel cylinders, front pads and rotors. Also new master cylinder and some of the brake line has been replaced. Stops well for an old car. Overall the car runs and sounds great, good oil psi. Has a good ride. I have never had an issue with it over heating. Still has original 26" radiator. I removed all the a/c components (bad compressor) when the engine was pulled out. I still have everything. Doesn't leak any oil, no funky smells. There are some things that will need attention. -There is some very slight surface rust that has appeared under the left quarter. Can't see it unless you're under the car. -Fuel gauge has quit working -E-brake light stays on -Leaks trans fluid when sitting (Pan and gasket have been replaced with a deeper pan, still leaks over time) -Also leaks some anti-freeze when sitting -Gauge lights do not work. Some bulbs are either out or missing. The after market sunpro tach, oil pressure, and temp gauge light up. -Front bench seat could be re-upholstered. -Bumpers, especially the rear could use a re-chrome. This car has picked up some awards including a couple at the Mopar Nationals young guns class. Please PM me for any questions. Thank you for looking. I also have some original parts. Such as intake, a/c parts, rims, air cleaner, valve covers. These will go with the car.

Attachments

• 159.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,863
  • 160.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,807
  • 162.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,818
  • 093.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,819
  • 003.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,824
  • 010.jpg