1974 duster 360 hood?

-

omahamoparguy

Reaction score
Need info on hood scoop. Did the 360 dusters automatically come with the scoop? [not sure how to describe it, it is the single scoop with the two openings]. The reason I am asking is that the Gold Duster that I have came with this hood and scoop. And on top of that, it appears that the hood is factory meaning it was not hacked but has openings underneath that looked punched like a factory so I am assuming that is a factory hood with scoop. Obviously, a Gold Duster would not come with this but I am wondering if this is a rare hood. Wish I had a good camera to load a pic. Heck I only paid 500 for the whole car.

ok. If that is the case then someone did an extremely good job of cutting the two holes [each about 4 inches] and drilling the holes for the studs and on the inner structure of the hood. Maybe I can get some pics to show what I am talking about.

ok. If that is the case then someone did an extremely good job of cutting the two holes [each about 4 inches] and drilling the holes for the studs and on the inner structure of the hood. Maybe I can get some pics to show what I am talking about.

The car in my Avatar was an untouched 360 car with the scoop..... So let me get my Popcorn and watch the fun....

JW

The only scoops that came on any dusters from the factory were the duster "twister" model and they were dual split scoops and they were shorter than the standard split scoops you see on the darts....They were these scoops in the pic

duster twister.jpg

The only scoops that came on any dusters from the factory were the duster "twister" model and they were dual split scoops and they were shorter than the standard split scoops you see on the darts....They were these scoops in the pic

View attachment 1715017097

So then mine would have been a dealer installed scoop? The guy I bought it from did not know one end of a hammer from the other. I never questioned the scoop being on the car nor was it a selling point. It was just there.

JW

The car in my Avatar was an untouched 360 car with the scoop..... So let me get my Popcorn and watch the fun....

JW

I can't see your scoop in your avatar picture because it is too small, but if it is like the one I posted in post #2 it was added on.....Your car may be untouched by you but somebody before you put it on and it wasn't Ma Mopar

I can't see your scoop in your avatar picture because it is too small, but if it is like the one I posted in post #2 it was added on.....Your car may be untouched by you but somebody before you put it on and it wasn't Ma Mopar

Glad I didn't pay much for the car then..... I would have felt rooked lol...

JW

74 duster.jpg

So then mine would have been a dealer installed scoop? The guy I bought it from did not know one end of a hammer from the other. I never questioned the scoop being on the car nor was it a selling point. It was just there.

JW
People add them all the time to cars that didn't have them from the factory....It is not that hard....4-1/8 inch hole saw...they sell the rubber gaskets for these holes......The under hood bracing allows for this to be done easily.....even the mounting hole locations are there....there are many threads with instructions on this site on how to do it

I gotta get out more..... This was my first car and had it also.... Same deal but the car did have a few mods.

JW

Dart 340.jpg

View attachment 1715017097
Nice looking duster. Those scoop are the same that came on the 69 barracudas.

That may be a dart sport...I think the fender emblems say dart sport on that car.....like I said the 1973 dart sports had them from the factory

You are correct about the Dart Sport. It would be interesting to know how that scoop ended up on my 74..... Oh well, too late now.

JW

-
Back