1974 Duster 360 with sunroof production numbers

-

Rosiesdad444

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a fairly high optioned 74 Duster 360 automatic, most options without air, but with a factory sunroof. I was wondering if anyone has a way to get the production numbers for sunroof cars and other options. I've tried contacting Galen Govier years ago, followed up a number of times with no response, and it appears the current contact and website are under construction. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Chrysler didn’t keep records that way like ford did. So, no.

But the 74 360 duster was a low production car to begin with, so one could assume not many

I had one. No sunroof but they are pretty rare as is. With the sunroof, I would guess maybe 10, if that, produced. Super rare car & very good runners, at least mine was.

Last edited:
I don't know what the breakdown is on your car, but I will make an educated guess, depending on how it was optioned, and color combo...it could be one of one! Plymouth couldn't have built very many factory 360 Duster's with a sunroof!
Can you please post a picture of the car, and list your options?

Sure, here is a picture and a copy of the order sheet

Duster pic.JPG

Attachments

• Duster Invoice.pdf
    209.7 KB · Views: 43
I believe Mr. Govier just joined the FABO family a short time ago. Perhaps a PM?

I just looked at your order sheet, WOW! More than likely 1 of 1 with those options.
Here's the one I owned back in the mid to late 80s. 4 speed car too! Wish I never sold it.

DSC01383.JPG

DSC01384.JPG

Nice 360 Duster!! One built for the Canadian market too so even rarer!

What’s the history on it? How long have you had it? Also you appear to have ‘76 (amber) marker light lenses instead of the clear lenses that come on the ‘73 to ‘75 models.

Looks like the black hood stripe option was ordered on at least one other Canadian ‘74 360 Duster. Here’s one similar to yours except a 4 gear with no sunroof.

74 360 4speed duster returns to family | For A Bodies Only Mopar Forum

Last edited:
Yea, super rare! Like the guys said could be one of one. The 1974 Plymouth Duster 360 was the best Duster ever built. I was just doing a little research last night on these, and they are just as powerful as the early 340 cars with more torque when you factor in net power ratings!

Yea, super rare! Like the guys said could be one of one. The 1974 Plymouth Duster 360 was the best Duster ever built. I was just doing a little research last night on these, and they are just as powerful as the early 340 cars with more torque when you factor in net power ratings!
Geez, one of one? Highly doubtful.

No, don't doubt it. Only about 3,300 auto 360's built, and just a handful with sun roofs. Then think about how many went to the junkyard since. Factor in color break down and the stripes on the hood-very rare

There’s a bunch of info on the ‘74 360 Duster production in this thread. It started out as a ‘74 360 4 speed thread but has a lot of additional info

How many CURRENT owners of real '74 360 Duster 4 speed cars on here? | For A Bodies Only Mopar Forum

‘74 was the highest production year for the Duster overall, so while a ‘74 360 Duster itself may be low production I wouldn’t confuse “rare” with crazy prices.

Kinda like how there’s fewer ‘74 Challengers of any kind than there were ‘70 Challenger R/T’s, so just on pure production numbers a ‘74 Challenger is more rare. But we all know which ones bring more money.

"Space Duster" option was actually pretty popular.

Also for some reason, 1974 was a very popular year for sunroof cars.

There should be a percentage breakdown for Dusters in general with the sunroof and/or Space Duster option, and while there are other factors like- "most people who wanted a 360 and a four speed did NOT want a sunroof" mentality, you can kind of extrapolate/interpolate that percentage applied to the production figures for 360 4 speed cars.

Not perfect by any means, but that's what there is to work with.

EDIT- I guess I was thinking about the "Convertriple" package vs Space Duster, which IIRC was only the fold down seat.

Hello all, I have a fairly high optioned 74 Duster 360 automatic, most options without air, but with a factory sunroof. I was wondering if anyone has a way to get the production numbers for sunroof cars and other options. I've tried contacting Galen Govier years ago, followed up a number of times with no response, and it appears the current contact and website are under construction. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
Is this a running driving car? Or a project? Haven’t seen this one driving around cowtown yet. I hope too

Is this a running driving car? Or a project? Haven’t seen this one driving around cowtown yet. I hope too
Yes it's running and driving and pretty much done, always a few details that can be better. I had it out a bit in 2021 and 2022, but I've been away on a temp work relocated for over a year now and may run for another year or two, so might be a while for it to be out again. But it is in storage in the area, so hope to be out as soon as I get back.

Nice 360 Duster!! One built for the Canadian market too so even rarer!

What’s the history on it? How long have you had it? Also you appear to have ‘76 (amber) marker light lenses instead of the clear lenses that come on the ‘73 to ‘75 models.

Looks like the black hood stripe option was ordered on at least one other Canadian ‘74 360 Duster. Here’s one similar to yours except a 4 gear with no sunroof.

74 360 4speed duster returns to family | For A Bodies Only Mopar Forum
The history is it was purchased new from a dealer in Calgary. The original owner had it for 10 years and sold it to the person I bought it from. I purchased it in 2016 from the second owner. I was in very good shape, some rust but not very much for the age. We replaced any rusted metal and repainted and tried to keep everything as original as possible inside and out. Numbers matching still, the motor has never been opened, runs drives and looks great!

"Space Duster" option was actually pretty popular.

Also for some reason, 1974 was a very popular year for sunroof cars.

There should be a percentage breakdown for Dusters in general with the sunroof and/or Space Duster option, and while there are other factors like- "most people who wanted a 360 and a four speed did NOT want a sunroof" mentality, you can kind of extrapolate/interpolate that percentage applied to the production figures for 360 4 speed cars.

Not perfect by any means, but that's what there is to work with.

EDIT- I guess I was thinking about the "Convertriple" package vs Space Duster, which IIRC was only the fold down seat.
Yea, that's kind of how I guestimated the numbers so far. We know how many 360's were built in 74 and I read somewhere roughly how many auto vs 4 speed (not sure how accurate, but seemed reasonable) and then I had also read about 2% were sunroof cars, so came up with a rough number of auto sunroof, I guess that may be as close as I can get?

I have Govier's little production book. Haven't looked at it in a while, but I believe 3,900 and change total 360 cars built and 593 of them were 4-speeds.

-
Back