1974 Duster

-
Back on the road!

I had a problem with the Mopar Performance torque converter so went through the trans to clean out the debris and got a converter from Hughes. So far so good!

Not sure if I would get another Hughes converter between the price and some customer service issues...

Attachments

• DSCN6497d.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 722
New stablemate for the Duster =)

Attachments

• gtx and duster.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 684
Looks nice, what's the story?

Wanted to pick up another '70 to drive and use as a template for the blue GTX's restoration. 440/727 car with column shift and factory a/c with burnt orange interior.

76,000 miles, runs and drives like a new car!

Attachments

• gtx_b_1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 638
Very nice! Should be a good cruiser, lots of power and AC to boot.

Dude that's my favorite year X / RR and burnt orange w/white gut Arggghhhh!!!!

Sweet and only 70 some k miles!!! Please share how much was she?

Dude that's my favorite year X / RR and burnt orange w/white gut Arggghhhh!!!!

Sweet and only 70 some k miles!!! Please share how much was she?

The price was very reasonable for a turn key car that doesn't need much aside from some detail work to really bring it up. From California too so its not all rotted to hell.

Attachments

• gtx_b_3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 602
Allright now you've gone and done it! First you show us a picture that looks like it could've been from one of "Ma MoPar's" brochures for the "new style 1970 GTX" (1st shot in post 331) and now your showing the "butt - shot" above. I think my whole body is finally starting to "un-stiffen" from that last one...

So can we coax a few more from you? Say an under the hood and a possible interior... I'll strap on the drool cup just in case you decide to share.

Oh, sorry guys I realize this forum is supposed to be "A-Body-Only" but, this is a rare sight for me so I hope you understand. OK back to A-Body reality for now...

Allright now you've gone and done it! First you show us a picture that looks like it could've been from one of "Ma MoPar's" brochures for the "new style 1970 GTX" (1st shot in post 331) and now your showing the "butt - shot" above. I think my whole body is finally starting to "un-stiffen" from that last one...

So can we coax a few more from you? Say an under the hood and a possible interior... I'll strap on the drool cup just in case you decide to share.

Oh, sorry guys I realize this forum is supposed to be "A-Body-Only" but, this is a rare sight for me so I hope you understand. OK back to A-Body reality for now...

Sounds like you need to ditch the drool cup and ratchet strap a bucket on instead....lol:D

Some pictures from tonight's cruise to the Berlin Turnpike.

Gary

Attachments

• DSCN6584R.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 580
  • DSCN6583R.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 556
  • DSCN6580R.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 575
  • DSCN6589R.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 570
Awe now you've really gone and done it my two favorite cars "TOGETHER"!!! Scha-weet!!!

By the way, I'll stick to the drool "cup", the bucket and ratchet strap been there tried that limits the amount the ol noggin can move. So I just keep a box of pig absorbent cloths at the ready...

Nice rides guys!

Some more pics taken by Ralph-

Attachments

• 576159_10151108415451156_426364405_n.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 557
  • 312906_10151108415556156_1937049596_n.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 547
  • 400375_10151108415291156_565717734_n.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 541
Lift testing!

Attachments

• lift one.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 502
Time for new pictures!

Not much done over the winter (been busy doing upgrades to the old garage) so far this year I changed out a leaky power steering pump (can damaged, thanks Rock Auto!) changed out the distributor (unit that was in there had a steep race curve, swapped for one with less mechanical and not so hot a curve so I can run the vacuum advance) and dropped a "360 four barrel" pie tin I got off Ebay. It was going to be garage art but I tried it out and it looks good so left it on there for now. I need to free up some time so I can swap out the exhaust manifolds and make new headpipes...

Attachments

• 2013-04-27 19.34.C.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 429
  • 2013-04-27 18.08.B.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 457
  • 2013-04-27 19.33.46.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 428
Awe now you've really gone and done it my two favorite cars "TOGETHER"!!! Scha-weet!!!

How about upping the awesome level? As you can see, I have been busy hence not being about the board of late. Hope to be up at Berlin on Saturday if you are in the area.

Gary

Attachments

• awesome_x3.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 401
  • DSCN7023B.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 393
That's your old GTX, right? The one you've owned forever?

Very nice!

That's your old GTX, right? The one you've owned forever?

Very nice!

Yes- You can see it parked next to the Duster up at Berlin and the one shot of the six-pack scoop going down the road. Its gone from the dark blue chevy color to its original B5 blue. Not sure if I'm going to do the vinyl top right away, not this year for sure.

Want a few more?

Attachments

• gtx 4.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 351
  • gtx seats 2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 367
  • gtx seats 1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 359
Two more!

Attachments

• DSCN7158W.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 353
  • DSCN7152W.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 355
Looks like it went from a 4 barrel to quad tunnel ram, too.

I like it!

Looks like it went from a 4 barrel to quad tunnel ram, too.

I like it!

And the nitrous system went back on too =)

I ran the tunnel ram "back in the day" it was time to reinstall everything.

Too cool. Bring back memories?

I'd love to put a TR on my Duster, but I want to do a sheetmetal top with a front mount TB and EFI bungs. :)

Fun to dream.

Glad to see the blue GTX is out and about, and with a new paint job to boot. Don't know how you get so much done, for as long as I've known you, you do more in 1 week than I can do in a month, and that is when you are taking it easy.

Keep it up!

Glad to see the blue GTX is out and about, and with a new paint job to boot. Don't know how you get so much done, for as long as I've known you, you do more in 1 week than I can do in a month, and that is when you are taking it easy.

Keep it up!

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

When working think "ok I got that done, now do just one more thing" and the next thing you know you have 10 more things out the way =)

Yesterday after running errands all over town with the kids I pulled the heater controls, lubed three control cables, pulled the wiring & relays for the second nitrous stage, pulled the radio, made a proper steel installation plate from scrap steel, painted and installed it, polished 2/3 of the dash tins, pulled the glovebox, installed new rubber bumpers.

Almost done on the inside of the car and need to tidy up the bay wiring today and finish the dash pieces.

One more picture before I head out to the garage, that dash was a PITA which took over 6 hours to get tuned up.

I pulled the tic-tock-tach since I don't use it (it does work) and I have a shift lamp tach on the column plus it makes it easier to re-install the cluster.

Attachments

• dash gtx.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 360
-
Back