1974 Duster

-
That,s one sweet lookin ride.Do you think the Summit rims are any good for a 12 sec. Dart Sport 340 4 speed.The price is 1/2 of what Weld is asking.Do you think they would be strong enough??

Rallye Red E5

yep, im pretty sure thats it, its sounds right but if he doesn't paint it that, then its going to be a little bit different red, he hasn't made up his mind yet but im with the rally red to make it look stock, the car was silver from the factory. im talking about the one were restoring not the one you see as my name pic, that ones fine.

That,s one sweet lookin ride.Do you think the Summit rims are any good for a 12 sec. Dart Sport 340 4 speed.The price is 1/2 of what Weld is asking.Do you think they would be strong enough??

Should be fine a buddy of mine runs the summit draglites version on his 10 sec dart.

Strong enough yes, not nearly as light as a real weld wheel though.

More like an OEM rim that can take lots of abuse.

Working in the grill areas this weekend...

DSCN2552.jpg

Lookin' good man! Congrats!

I dont think the summit versions have near as many different backspacing sizes to choose from as the weld wheels do. Other than that, they are pretty close.

I dont think the summit versions have near as many different backspacing sizes to choose from as the weld wheels do. Other than that, they are pretty close.

In looks yes, on the scale no.

I have Welds here for my GTX, they are at least half the weight. I use to run a set on the street but would bend if you looked sideways at them.

Car update- Door handles are installed, mirror, front valance. Cleaned and painted the hood latch last night, finished installing the stainless hoodpins. Have to tape up the harness in the grill area tonight and do some minor work to the grill.

Worked on the dash last night, found the malfunctioning vacuum actuator for the defroster ducts, hope the one in the parts car is good. Want to get done with dash repairs so I can spray the dash and install the carpet, back seat and inner door panels.

The welds would bend? Are they flemzy? Im plannng on running a set on the duster when its all done....

The welds would bend? Are they flemzy? Im plannng on running a set on the duster when its all done....

They are for drag use only, if I recall correct my Welds were only 8 pounds each.

You can use them for street use as long as you avoid potholes and curbs like your life depends on it.

They are for drag use only, if I recall correct my Welds were only 8 pounds each.

You can use them for street use as long as you avoid potholes and curbs like your life depends on it.

what he said u gotta be relly carfull on the street. u can relly tell what welds were maid 4

More pictures- taped up the harness, finished the grill, cleaned some front end stuff.

DSCN2553.jpg

DSCN2554.jpg

DSCN2556.jpg

DSCN2557.jpg

Front bumper is on, braces under hood are back along with the washer pump lines, everything is screwed back on the firewall, installed the driver glass and driver door weatherstrip.

The front seat cover came in today early! sweet! I might be on the road as early as next weekend!

do you have any pics of it painted now with the motor in it, if the inside of the engine compartment is black, id like to see it, my dads keeping our 340s compartment black with that color red on the outside and i totally disagree with him, my mom does too, i want him to see what it looks like if it is black so maybe he will change his mind.

do you have any pics of it painted now with the motor in it, if the inside of the engine compartment is black, id like to see it, my dads keeping our 340s compartment black with that color red on the outside and i totally disagree with him, my mom does too, i want him to see what it looks like if it is black so maybe he will change his mind.

The bay is being redone the original color, sorry no black.

This winter I plan on pulling the motor and detailing the bay.

I do plan on doing a clean up next week, I'll take some pics then.

Dash pulled and repaired today, will be repainted tomorrow. Pulled the wiper linkage too so I can install new seals. Might be driving by next weekend.

I have to point out something- The factory paint job on the dash was really, really bad.

Thin spots, runs, debris, ugh. I'm glad I decided to pull the dash out while the windshield was removed, will look really nice when completed.

Cut out a plate last night and welded up the mystery hole in the dash, ground it out and spread the filler. Laid in 2-3 coats of primer before bed, it will be all sanded up tonight.

Saturday will be dry and 65-ish, not bad weather for laying on a few coats of satin black paint.

Dash and pivots done a day early! Will reinstall dash tomorrow morning.

-
Back