1974 Gold Duster Worth $1600 ?

-

sumbitmopar

Reaction score
:dontknow: This car has original paint and running factory 225 slant with a/c, factory am/fm, bucket seats and console. Wanting to go see the car tomorrow to check out the rust situation. This is the only pic so I don't have much to go on. Whatya think? The bucket seat,console thing sounds interesting......:dontknow:

74dustercollegepark1600.jpg

I see a pass side mirror. Thats cool. I would say go look at it and see if they will drop their price at all. Looks to be a cool color.

might be al little steep right now considering that its a buyers market right now. I picked up a 75 duster that doesnt look in a whole lot worse shape than that one for 500 bucks last summer. If its a good runner, then offer him 1k, but need to see a few more pictures to be sure. otherwise I would keep looking if i were you

Yea, I'm thinking it's a bit high unless body and interior are above average. It's a Md. car so it shouldn't be too bad. I'll take some pics, try to buy it cheap if it's worth messing with. $1000-1200 is probably about right for around here. C stripes, I almost bought a blue 73 ( I think, maybe 71 or 72) 340 Duster with white buckets and a 4 speed back in '76. I was 18 years old and was totally in love with that car! Good Luck!)

i like the color combo. white top/ white bucket seats. console. ac, am/fm/, duel mirrors. this is a pretty highly optioned /6 car. looks unmolested to me. i think he is in the correct range provided it is not too rusty. it is hard to tell from the small pic. when it is said and done 1000.00 to 1200.00, if it is too rusty 800.00....

all depends how clean the body is. the rear quarter looks to be rusted si i would say that $1600 is on the high side in this economy.

Ya if she has rust issues that hurts, alot of work to get it right. They are out there for less if your going to have to fix rust.

That is kinda expensive. I'd shop around. I can get a REALLY NICE '66 DART GT right now for that. And a couple different Dusters for around $800.00- $1,000.

Nope.

If it's a disc car I'd pay $1000 max, more likely in the 600-800 range.

factory 225 slant with a/c, factory am/fm, bucket seats and console

thats a nice combo platter...offer it out..trades...see what they need.
be a nice summer car.

If you can drive it and the frame is good as well as everything other than the trunk floor/bottom of rear fenders is good, its probably worth it.

I would not pay more than 1000 for it. The more rust you find I would start going down from there on the price. Pull back the carpit and check the floors.

really depends on the condition. i paid 1500 for a 74, which has no rust, as for rust i feel i stole it for a nj car, but its got some dents. to me it was a smoking deal but in reality the later cars seem to be worth less than earlier cars. mine didnt run, but i liked the condition of the car so much i had to have it. think about adding buckets, console, and disk brakes to an earlier car, that **** will add up real quick. is it a big bolt pattern disk car? take a look, see if its an 8 1/4. a/c will definitely be nice to get working. i do see some rust on the 1/4 maybe the fenders? parts are kind of cheap for the later cars and they are more plentiful. i see it also has wheel well mouldings and rocker trim. guys are asking 400 for the bucket seats right now. keep that in mind.

i bought a 75 duster the one i got now 6 years ago and it was worce then that and pade the same price for it yay not trust me its worth it in the end

-
Back