1974 Gold Space Duster Questions

-

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
I have talked to a guy about a 1974 Gold Space Duster he has and I'm waiting to hear back on a few questions. I think he said the car has no rust and is an all original car.

The car does have a few dings in it but nothing major. I live in VA and he is in MD and is willing to drive the car here and let me look at it. He does have a home in VA but is willing to drive the car for me to check out.

I guess my question is what are the value range for a 74 Gold space Duster?

Also what is a Gold Space Duster?

I asked for the fender tag info and more pics and from what I can tell it is a 318. What other motor was an option for the Gold Space Duster?

Here is the add-
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/3070772502.html

I have heard of the Gold Duster just not sure if I have heard of the Gold Space Duster.

So tell me what you think and what I need to know more about this car. If this car is an all original car I may never hot rod it. I think I would just keep it all original and protect the history of the car, if its an un-restored car.

Thanks everyone/

Hey good find there. I bought a 74 Gold Space Duster about a month ago!

The "space" refers to a rare package that offered rear fold down seats leading to the trunk.

Hope this helps

Hey good find there. I bought a 74 Gold Space Duster about a month ago!

The "space" refers to a rare package that offered rear fold down seats leading to the trunk.

Hope this helps

Hey thanks, I didn't know it was rare package I have not clue on this year. I have read so much about the early model Dusters that I think I just need to start reading anything and everything on the 72-76 model MOPARs.

Also the car does come with the original wheels. The owner put ralley wheels on it.

If it is an all original car and low miles and in the shape he says it is I might make an offer on it.

Also congrats on your buy, do you have pics?

I have a 73 "Gold" in color "Gold Duster". It is a pretty cool feature. I have redone the interior. Here's a coupe of shots of what it looks like. I apologize for the coloration lighting is everything when your in the garage. Mine came with a 318 and I kept it that way. Although I have had it warmed up some. Its a good cruizer.. Enjoy

Attachments

• Fold Down Seat1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Fold Down Seat.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 171
A Space Duster would have a sunroof and the fold down rear seat. That looks like a good deal if its as nice in person.

A Space Duster would have a sunroof and the fold down rear seat. That looks like a good deal if its as nice in person.

So this car should have a sunroof or do you mean there is a Duster called teh Space Duster?

I remember a feather Duster...I think from around my area and I have seen a few Hang 10s as well in my area, most were really bad with rust and from what I was told parted out.

Is the snake skin top kind of rare on these cars?

I have a 73 "Gold" in color "Gold Duster". It is a pretty cool feature. I have redone the interior. Here's a coupe of shots of what it looks like. I apologize for the coloration lighting is everything when your in the garage. Mine came with a 318 and I kept it that way. Although I have had it warmed up some. Its a good cruizer.. Enjoy

That is a nice looking interior and a good looking color combo on the car.

How did you warm up the 318? I was wondering how much HP I could get out of a 318 but if this car is a 65 thousand mile car I may just leave it alone and perserve it....not sure lol.

I'm the type of guy who loves hot rods but loves a numbers car and not one to mess with anything that didn't come on the car. The last few years I have really been wanting something I can do my way and not worry about it........Then the old me shows up and says NO :banghead: <----can't take the voices telling me what to do anymore....Sorry didn't mean to type that.

I may have the guy drive it down if he wants to under the agreement that no money exchanges hands that day and then see if I want to make an offer or walk away from it.

There are numerous articles here are on the site on what you can do to a 318, 340, and 360, and how much HP you can make... I had the engine overhauled, I wanted to do it myself but I travel so much it would have taken several years just for the simple stuff.. However, the engine has new bottom end, bored over .030. Heads are stock with a good valve job, Comp Cam, eddie intake and a 650 Holley to top it off. It has an Automatic, I have an 8-3/4" rear end I hope to rebuild myself thru the rest of this year..
You know what you'll normally hear on this site and I'll say it too.. It's your car do whatever you want to.. That's what makes this hobby so much fun, everyone has their own idea of what they expect a car should look like and perform like...
So tell the voices to "pipe down" and do it your way! LOL!

There are numerous articles here are on the site on what you can do to a 318, 340, and 360, and how much HP you can make... I had the engine overhauled, I wanted to do it myself but I travel so much it would have taken several years just for the simple stuff.. However, the engine has new bottom end, bored over .030. Heads are stock with a good valve job, Comp Cam, eddie intake and a 650 Holley to top it off. It has an Automatic, I have an 8-3/4" rear end I hope to rebuild myself thru the rest of this year..
You know what you'll normally hear on this site and I'll say it too.. It's your car do whatever you want to.. That's what makes this hobby so much fun, everyone has their own idea of what they expect a car should look like and perform like...
So tell the voices to "pipe down" and do it your way! LOL!

HAHA I told them and now they are not talking to me, kind of miss them.....NOT!

Sounds like a good motor in your car. Post some more pics or tell me where they are and I will check them out.

This 74 Duster is a 65 thousand mile survivor. I was looking at it to mod and do things to the motor like maybe a 360 in it and just kind of make a what if car.

I would change the side marker lights, bumpers and maybe bucket seats. The guy after talking to him (2nd owner) and he has not pulled the back seat out to get the build sheet!

I think this is one he is looking for someone to take care of the car and perserve it and I think that is what I should do with it.

This is what he said in his last email to me-

YES I HAVE THE ORIGINAL STEEL WHEELS WITH THE HUB CAPS AND I HAVE THE ORIGINAL OWNERS MANUAL AND SOME PAPER WORK I HAVE NOT CHECKED TO SEE IF THERE IS A BROADCAST SHEET BUT I DO BELEVE IT IS THERE THIS CAR WAS A ONE OWNER BEFORE ME AND WAS ALWAYS GARAGED KEPT THATS WHY THERE IS NO RUST UNDER THE CAR IT IS IN AWESOME SHAPE AS FOR MY BOTTOM LINE WELL THE CAR HAS 65,876 ORIGINAL MILES AND SO MY QUESTION TO YOU IS HOW MUCH ARE YOU LOOKING TO SPEND!!!! THANKS

So now I'm like WOW what am I willing to spend on the car. I know what I have from the sell of my Vette <--never going to the dark side again. So I really think I just need to take a look at it and see really what the car is like before I make an offer if I make one.

:banghead: Off to think more........I think I'm falling for the Duster :toothy8: I just hope she feels the same way!

How do I enter into survivor class in shows if it is a survivor car?

Just go up to the top and use the search feature. Type in rebuild of engines 318. As far as entering into the "survivor" car categories I'm not sure on that one.. I'm sure someone here can chime in and let ya know..
Good Luck with your purchase! Post lots of pictures if it all works out..

Just go up to the top and use the search feature. Type in rebuild of engines 318. As far as entering into the "survivor" car categories I'm not sure on that one.. I'm sure someone here can chime in and let ya know..
Good Luck with your purchase! Post lots of pictures if it all works out..

Thanks 19 I will do that. I just dont know what I'm going to do yet on the car. I think the guy wants someone to protect the car and if it is a survivor car it might be one I would never do anything to that isnt factory.

I dont know what it is but I want to own an A body car.

-
Back