1974 Mexican valiant??

-

63dartman

Reaction score
Anyone got some good pics of this car? I have one locally for sale and thinking about jumping on it. Here is the add....sorry no pics yet.

1974 Chrysler Valiant. Built in Mexico, 225 slant 6, pwr steering. pwr frt disc brakes, bucket seats, console, auto, Mexico only Kelsey Hayes wheels & hub caps, 200 kph speedo, body in great shape, no rust, engine turns over but doesn't have fire. No time for this odd but neat car, too many other projects. Some spare parts, most of the build sheet (1K)

THAT is the car I'm going to look at. I guess I should have dug a little deeper. LOL, OCDART did you do that on purpose or was it purely coincidental?

I live in New Mexico......Hell they give driver's liscence to illegal immigrants. This should be a slam dunk8)8)

The Mexico version of the superbee package was a Dart Sport.

250px-1974_superbee_mexico.jpg

I just talked to the owner and I'm going to look at it tomorrow. I will take pics also. Sounds like a good project that will be different than most. It is titled and registered in the usa so that is a non issue. Did I mention....Rust free:)

P.S. the wifey is definately not a happy camper:(

OCDART did you do that on purpose or was it purely coincidental?

No way for me in SoCal to know what car you're going to look at. I just googled "1974 Mexican Valiant" and this is the one that popped up with pics! Just pure dumb luck - come to think of it, that's fitting for me!

So, would this be a worthy project that would also be unique in the fact that it is a mexican car or is it just a car that was marketed under a different name in mexico and identical to the US version?

O.k. I had a talk with the owner and let him know I would not be purchasing his car due to wifey influence:) My wife wants me to get the two non-running cars done first then I can purchase it if it's still available. She is right though. I have been seriously slacking on the car scene. I need to get my butt in gear.

the next sound you hear will be that of the whip, CRACK:-D now get to work on the cars, so you can buy more:bootysha:

-
Back