1974 Scamp help please

-

74 Scamp

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I haven't been here in a while but I've got a question. I have a low option 1974 Scamp which runs and drives great. The Slant 6 is perfect. The car is in need of bodywork. I have a brand new backglass. My plan is to make a street sleeper out of it. Stock looks with a modified /6. I was just wondering if it was worth my time. Here is a link to the gallery on my website.

http://www.undead455.com/74 Scamp.html

Thanks in advance

absolutley they are vertually the same car as the 67 and up darts they are lite and have plenty to offer theres lots of stuff that will interchange body wise and will take any size motor you want to put into her preferably a small block but a big block can be done with some modifications plus its a SCAMP not many scamps were built after 73 build her build her good

Not looking to blow the doors off anyone. But a mild custom with a little rumble and decent driveability. I have always liked the look of this car. If only I could find a way to fit the Red Ram Hemi engine that came with the car that would be wicked but I don't think it's possible LOL .:snakeman:

Well, for a /6, theres Clifford headers witch can add a nice sound with a muffler of your choice. I'd recomend a chambered muffler over a flow through unit like a Hooker Max flow or a dynomax ultra flow.

There is a good slant six section on here, or join the gang at slant six.org 8)

I hope Clifford has improved as they have been quite shady in the last couple of years or so.

I like the big Holley 4412 (500cfm) on a slant with a shaved head, cam, and headers. Runs real good!!

I have a 74 Scamp /6 with header into single exhaust - 4 barrel carb - larger cam - 4 speed overdrive tranny I drive it everywhere and love it.It's fun - gets looks and is cheap to drive.

-
Back