1975 & 1976 360-Powered Models !

-
Why not include '74 A-bodies? They were the first year the factory offered the 360 in an A-body.

While I absolutely love the '74 models ( last year for a 4 speed with a performance engine ! ) , I decided to dedicate this thread to the elusive , esoteric 1975 and 1976 models , as very little is known about them .

I figured that there had to be a member or two whom had / has a '75 or '76 model , and that info / stories / documentation could be shared ; educate each other about these less-popular models .

This thread seems to be so popular , that I may start another thread dedicated solely to the 1974 models ( unique within themselves ; one-year-only stuff on the 1974's ) , so keep your eyes open 8) .

Was a 4bbl offered in '76 or just in 2bbl form? From what I could find my s-code duster was one of about 1,400 made in '75. Several sites I have looked at said that it was the last year of the factory 4bbl's.
The E57 ( two bbl. ) , "K" code 360 two bbl. wasn't available in the "A" Bodies .

What makes the 1976 360-powered Dart Sport , Duster and Valiant models so unique was the fact that there was no separate model designation ; the 360 was optional across the board !

Certainly , it is possible that there were some Dusters that got the "S" price class code ( e.g. , VS29 ) , Dart Sports that got the "M" price class code
( e.g. , LM29 ) for 1976 , but they were most-likely early-production models ( late 1975 builds ) .
Perhaps the Duster 360 ( VS29L6 ) / Dart Sport 360 ( LM29L6 ) were cancelled by calendar year 1976 , in a move to boost sales of the then-new Aspen / Volare ?

Either way , they're quite rare , and little is known about them ; that's what prompted me to start this thread :read2: .
I wish for everyone / anyone whom has info about these anomalies , to share it with us :
- Dealer brochures
- Build Sheets
- Sticker Prices
- Fender Tags
- V.I.N.'s
- Vintage photos
- Recent photos
- Press Releases
- Magazine Articles
- Anything legitimate

Thanks again to all whom have shared their stories , info and pics 8) with us , your fellow forum members and enthusiasts :-D

I need to dig it up, but I have a dealer book with available options and ordering procedures for 75

-
Back