1975 Dodge Dart 318 4spd

-

A/MP

Reaction score
Anyone have any info(from Chrysler) that this combo existed?

I'm looking for a possible combo from a blank slate.

Sure it was. You guys need to put the Hamtramck Registry in your favorites. There's a wealth of information there and it's owned and operated by our very own Alaskan_TA Here's a link and a screen shot. The 1970 Hamtramck Registry Library Page (1975 - 1979)
Capture.PNG

Not sure whqt year hhe advertismemt above is, it states that the 4 speed is available in Dart Sport. Likely not available in the regular Dart?

Not sure whqt year hhe advertismemt above is, it states that the 4 speed is available in Dart Sport. Likely not available in the regular Dart?
Study up Dave. That is a page out of the 1975 Dealship data book off the Hamtramck website.

As I read that ad, I see it to mean only on Dart Sport w/ Rallye Package.

As I know Chrysler; hey mister, you got money? $HIT YEAH we'll put that 4 speed in yer Dart! (please sign here)

As I read that ad, I see it to mean only on Dart Sport w/ Rallye Package.

As I know Chrysler; hey mister, you got money? $HIT YEAH we'll put that 4 speed in yer Dart! (please sign here)
You bet. By the OP's title we don't know what sub model he was asking about.

The next question to be asked is can you get Dart Sport w/ rallyee package with 318? Thanks for the effort.

The next question to be asked is can you get Dart Sport w/ rallyee package with 318? Thanks for the effort.
The info is in the Hamtramck site I linked earlier. I shouldn't tell you but let you look and find for yourself just like I did. Not being mean but you can learn so much about these cars just searching for answers. I am far from smart but I know where to find the answers.

They don't want to do that now for a 2017 392 charger. Only automatics. :(

True, but can you get a standard in ANY new Charger? It's a little different if the option doesn't exist at all. I want a Saturn V Dart, but Chrysler never had that as option.

I know of a '75 Dart Sport locally that came from the factory with a 318/4 speed combo. Don't know much more about it other than that, couldn't tell you if it was an OD or not. Never seen it run, but I have seen it. :)

One car I wanted real bad years ago but I did not have the money.

1975 Dart with a 318, 4-speed & sunroof - it was a four door sedan.

I would love to know what happened to it.

Owned a 74 Duster 318 4-speed, bought it brand new.

You had good taste back then, sir. We need to hear more about this!! Did you order it or buy it off the lot?

How did you pick that one? Did you drive the /6 and 360 models?

You had good taste back then, sir. We need to hear more about this!! Did you order it or buy it off the lot?

How did you pick that one? Did you drive the /6 and 360 models?
Bought it off the lot when i seen it advertised in the local paper under the dealer ad. I was looking for a car like that because my car insurance was so high i could no longer afford it from having quite a few 68-70 high performance cars (inc the 70 Duster 340 4-speed in my avatar) and too many tickets! Never drove the /6 or 360 back then but have had quite a few/6's since then and a 74 Duster 360 and 74 Dart Sport 360

Bought it off the lot when i seen it advertised in the local paper under the dealer ad. I was looking for a car like that because my car insurance was so high i could no longer afford it from having quite a few 68-70 high performance cars (inc the 70 Duster 340 4-speed in my avatar) and too many tickets! Never drove the /6 or 360 back then but have had quite a few/6's since then and a 74 Duster 360 and 74 Dart Sport 360

Too cool...I can't think of a better car to avoid high insurance while still having some V8 Mopar coupe fun. Did that one come with the 8.25" at least? Do I get that right that had the 340 at the same time? That had to be a blast.

Too cool...I can't think of a better car to avoid high insurance while still having some V8 Mopar coupe fun. Did that one come with the 8.25" at least? Do I get that right that had the 340 at the same time? That had to be a blast.
Sorry i don't remember if it had an 7 1/4 or and 8 1/4 The 340 was in my 70 Duster in 74 you could not get a 340 they went to the 360

... The 340 was in my 70 Duster in 74 you could not get a 340 they went to the 360

Yeah...sorry. I see my typical sloppy writing, I left out an important word. :p
So YOU had both of these cars at once? If so, that's just cool.
I've always wanted to have two versions of the same car; one hotrod and one more civilized version to drive to work.

Yeah...sorry. I see my typical sloppy writing, I left out an important word. :p
So YOU had both of these cars at once? If so, that's just cool.
I've always wanted to have two versions of the same car; one hotrod and one more civilized version to drive to work.
Did not have them both at the same time, had the 70 for a while and then bought the 74 later with a few cars in between

-
Back