1975 Duster front seat belt bolt locations?

-

Plymouth_Ruster

"I'm a profeshunel"
Reaction score
Can't find where the seat belts bolt to in my 1975 Duster. The top anchors are already in, but new carpet was installed before I bought the car and the person who did it didn't leave any marks as to where the lower mounts should go.

P1000037.JPG

P1000038.JPG

Are you talk front or rear seat belts?

The rear belts bolt under the seat bottom. Push it and lift up, then you should see the bolts or at least the holes to bolt them down.

The fronts we need to know if you have a single retractor or a double.

Riddler

Are you talk front or rear seat belts?

The rear belts bolt under the seat bottom. Push it and lift up, then you should see the bolts or at least the holes to bolt them down.

The fronts we need to know if you have a single retractor or a double.

Riddler

The front belts, and they have double retractors. Combined lap and shoulder belt.

The front belts, and they have double retractors. Combined lap and shoulder belt.

Ok so one retractor has more belt length than the other. It should also have a shoulder sash. The shoulder sash bolts above where the door glass and quarter glass meet. The longer retractor bolts down in front of the rear seat. The shorter retractor bolts down to the floor beside the rear front seat.

Does that make sense?

Riddler

Ok so one retractor has more belt length than the other. It should also have a shoulder sash. The shoulder sash bolts above where the door glass and quarter glass meet. The longer retractor bolts down in front of the rear seat. The shorter retractor bolts down to the floor beside the rear front seat.

Does that make sense?

Riddler

Yes, but I still can't find the hole through the carpet. Would it be easier just to take the trim off of the door sill, lift up the carpet, and find it that way?

Yes, but I still can't find the hole through the carpet. Would it be easier just to take the trim off of the door sill, lift up the carpet, and find it that way?

Yes the hole beside the seat does NOT go through to under the car. It goes into the sealed rocker. The rear (shoulder) retractor is the same.

Another option is to use a safety pin and probe the floor along the edge to see if you can find. It'll take longer than taking the sill off and looking.

Riddler

Yes the hole beside the seat does NOT go through to under the car. It goes into the sealed rocker. The rear (shoulder) retractor is the same.

Another option is to use a safety pin and probe the floor along the edge to see if you can find. It'll take longer than taking the sill off and looking.

Riddler

Alright, I found the holes and got the floor anchors bolted in, but now I have no idea where the middle belts are supposed to go (and I assume the ones I have are broken).

20180404_192940.jpg

This is what I assume used to be the center belts. Only one piece actually has a bolt and anchor though.

Alright, I found the holes and got the floor anchors bolted in, but now I have no idea where the middle belts are supposed to go (and I assume the ones I have are broken).

View attachment 1715161211

This is what I assume used to be the center belts. Only one piece actually has a bolt and anchor though.

Bench or buckets? Bench goes down between the top and bottom and bolt to the floor. Roughly same place the bucket belts would go.

Riddler

View attachment 1715161211

Here's where they go on the hump behind the seat. Just use an awl or something pointy to poke around for the hole.
Looks like you are missing a belt for the passenger side. Should have 2 in that same plastic sleeve. The anchor the bolt goes through is probably just pulled up inside. Could use as is, just won't have a connector to hook up center seat belt.

20160702_164009_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Here's where they go on the hump behind the seat. Just use an awl or something pointy to poke around for the hole.
Looks like you are missing a belt for the passenger side. Should have 2 in that same plastic sleeve. The anchor the bolt goes through is probably just pulled up inside. Could use as is, just won't have a connector to hook up center seat belt.

View attachment 1715161227

Ah, that explains it. I was poking a pin throught the top of the tunnel arch, not the sides. Thank you.

(And while we're here, does anyone know where to get new speedometer gears?)

-
Back