1975 K Member

-

jeffv11

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
Just inherited a 75 Dart 2 door hard top. The K member was smacked real hard. Thinking a rock in a field type whack! I'd like to replace the K member. Are there other model years that would hook up well in the 75? Any aftermarket? I've been looking online however it seems to go up to 72. Any help is much appreciated!

As long as it was a v8 any 73 and up till 76. If you want to spend BIG bucks aftermarket stuff is out there and on here

If all you can find is a '73 - '76 slant 6 K-member, there are conversion mounts to a V-8 available. But of course, they're not cheap. If the K-member took a very bad hit, double check the frame rails for damage.

It was originally a 225 that was pulled and had a 318 dropped in it. Looks like they cut and welded the passenger side of the k frame for the swap. I have seen the conversion mounts online.... Was hoping to even find an aftermarket tubular for the 75 if there is one available. So from the sounds of it, anything from 73 to 76 will interchange then?

Well thank you very much folks! Jim, that's just what I needed to hear. That will absolutely make my life a lot easier. I was getting nervous when there didn't appear to be much out there for a 75.

RMS (Reilly motorsports) and HemiDenny (he's a member on here) both make really good tubular aftermarket k-members from what I hear.

Well thank you very much folks! Jim, that's just what I needed to hear. That will absolutely make my life a lot easier. I was getting nervous when there didn't appear to be much out there for a 75.

73 to 76 V8 K, along with the motor mounts, would correct the home brewed V8 swap on your existing K

If you cant find a 73 to 76 V8 K then a 73 to 76 slanty k and schumacher slant 6 to 318 motor mounts will fix it. I would agree with a previous poster. Check the framerails for damage too.

Frame actually looks good..... I'm waiting on the father in law's donor car to see if it has a running motor in it. Does HemiDenny have a website or anything?

-
Back