1975 scamp brake conv

-

Dieseldog

Reaction score
seems everyone talks scamp to 1974 then.....
I have a fresh 318 with mild cam I want to put in but when I pull the 6 I want to clean up front suspension and convert to disc brakes.
Our dollar sucks so bad right now I look at a Wilwood kit and sob. Are my ball joints the larger type already? How do I tell? Any suggestions for full brake kit with spindles etc?

:banghead: then :banghead: some more.

your car should be large ball joint

Attachments

• Large%20UBJ%20Mopar.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 155
  • Small%20UBJ.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 133
Where's MapleRidge?
If they are bp hubs then for sure they are big BJs

In 75 or 76, in Canada, it was possible to have the F-body front suspension under your A-body. I've only seen it under Dusters. If yours still has the straight T-bars, the usual way to drop a V8 in there, is with a V8 K-frame and brackets. Have you got that sorted out already? And the V8 tranny?etc?
The reason I ask is cuz I stripped out a 73Dart a few years ago, and have a considerable amount of parts still left over......Available......Canadian side........

Maple Ridge is in the Fraser Valley... About an hours dive (with no traffic) east of Vancouver.

Does your Scamp have drum or disc brakes? If it has disc brakes then for sure you have the large/big bolt pattern which means you have the larger ball joints.

I haven't pulled the 6 out yet . I'm jumping on this tomorrow. I picked up a 318 with 904 still bolted on. The guy painted it blue.....whatever. I have to go over it in my shop and check intake manifold and cam height ect. My car runs great on the 6 right now so I want to gather parts so my wife and son don't grind me for down time.
As for ball joints, I will measure now.
I have drum brakes BTW. I need discs for front.

-
Back