1976-1980 Plymouth Arrow Information

-

Paul Kaufmann

HEMI Arrow
Reaction score
I have seen on the website that sometimes members talk about Plymouth Arrows and other Mitsu Dodge and Plymouth imports. I am seeking some exterior body parts for my 1976 Plymouth Arrow and hoping you can help. The list isn't long, I just need to find that member or members that have access to a Plymouth Arrow body that is either broken up for parts or knows a junkyard where one is located. I am very close to the completion of my Arrow and could really use some help locating a Plymouth Arrow or two so its over to the members, if you know anyone who has access to an Arrow or if you know where one is sitting for parts, PLEASE reach out to me and get me connected with the individual. This is very much appreciated, I know the Arrow is not an A-Body but desperation is setting in, these cars are not easy to find so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your e mail was removed. It's against site rules. You can exchange that information through a personal message

I think this is a late, maybe 80, nos grille. I never could decode the Mitsu part numbers, maybe you can identify it. Are the car and truck the same?

20210119_074835.jpg

20210119_072943.jpg

Mojack, that's actually one of the parts I am looking for, I do not know if the car an d truck are the same but have a buddy who can check for me, that said, it DOES look the same as my Arrow grill which while the car is a 76, it has a 1980 grill installed which I actually like better and yours looks to be a match but the only way to tell is for me to get it here in GA. I see you are close by in TN. So I am not sure how the website works and how transactions are done, I just joi9ned yesterday to increase my search bandwidth and already, success! So, I would be willing based on your photo to purchase the grill, you appear to be a senior member so I could use some training on how this gets done. If you would, please advise how this transpires. Do we go to a conversation and work out the details of shipping payment etc.? Sorry for being green here but I am sure we can get this done. Now, if you happen to have the stainless steel windshield trim pieces then I'd be all set! Thanks for reaching out, let me know what next steps are in getting this purchased and shipped from you. Thanks Mojack.

The last Arrows that I saw in the wild were so far back in the sticks Google couldn't find em! I was in my work truck (power co.) checking power lines, is how I spotted them. I stopped to ask about them, and was greeted by angry hound dogs, and then the dogs owner with a shotgun! The conversation went like this "Easy man! I just wanted to ask if the Plymouth Arrows might be for sale?" "You see a for sale sign on em?" "Nope." "Then GTFO, and don't come back!" "Thanks....have a good day." Then I hauled *** and plan on honoring his request! Sorry to be of NO help....but that's my one and only Plymouth Arrow story. :realcrazy:

Your e mail was removed. It's against site rules. You can exchange that information through a personal message
Toolmanmike, Of course I find this frustrating, what the heck did I do wrong? I want to reach ALL MEMBERS with a simple request for parts availability from anyone who has access to a 1976-1980 Plymouth Arrow. How do I get that done, I saw the conversation process and I have to know the members name, I am not interested in that because I would have no way of knowing all the members names. All I want to do is ask ALL MEMBERS if they know anyone who has access to these parts/cars. Please advise how I can do that going forward. Appreciate the help, I would really like to be able to reach all your members in one post which is what I thought I was doing. Don't want to break any rules so forgive this novice, how do i get this done? Thanks, Paul

Mojack, that's actually one of the parts I am looking for, I do not know if the car an d truck are the same but have a buddy who can check for me, that said, it DOES look the same as my Arrow grill which while the car is a 76, it has a 1980 grill installed which I actually like better and yours looks to be a match but the only way to tell is for me to get it here in GA. I see you are close by in TN. So I am not sure how the website works and how transactions are done, I just joi9ned yesterday to increase my search bandwidth and already, success! So, I would be willing based on your photo to purchase the grill, you appear to be a senior member so I could use some training on how this gets done. If you would, please advise how this transpires. Do we go to a conversation and work out the details of shipping payment etc.? Sorry for being green here but I am sure we can get this done. Now, if you happen to have the stainless steel windshield trim pieces then I'd be all set! Thanks for reaching out, let me know what next steps are in getting this purchased and shipped from you. Thanks Mojack.
Click on his name in the info box and then "start a conversation". You will need to keep close tabs in your conversations and delete unwanted ones because they are limited.

The last Arrows that I saw in the wild were so far back in the sticks Google couldn't find em! I was in my work truck (power co.) checking power lines, is how I spotted them. I stopped to ask about them, and was greeted by angry hound dogs, and then the dogs owner with a shotgun! The conversation went like this "Easy man! I just wanted to ask if the Plymouth Arrows might be for sale?" "You see a for sale sign on em?" "Nope." "Then GTFO, and don't come back!" "Thanks....have a good day." Then I hauled *** and plan on honoring his request! Sorry to be of NO help....but that's my one and only Plymouth Arrow story. :realcrazy:
JD, and its a good one! Appreciate the help but the story is both hilarious and tense. So glad you are still in one piece to tell us this story!!!! Stay safe my MOPAR friend!

Toolmanmike, Of course I find this frustrating, what the heck did I do wrong? I want to reach ALL MEMBERS with a simple request for parts availability from anyone who has access to a 1976-1980 Plymouth Arrow. How do I get that done, I saw the conversation process and I have to know the members name, I am not interested in that because I would have no way of knowing all the members names. All I want to do is ask ALL MEMBERS if they know anyone who has access to these parts/cars. Please advise how I can do that going forward. Appreciate the help, I would really like to be able to reach all your members in one post which is what I thought I was doing. Don't want to break any rules so forgive this novice, how do i get this done? Thanks, Paul
You are reaching all the members here by starting this thread. I removed your e mail address for your internet safety and it is not allowed according to sale rules. Your e mail can be given to members behind the scenes through a private message. (conversation)I did turn this thread into a general thread because of all the discussion.

Last edited:
You are reaching all the members here by starting this wanted thread. I removed your e mail address for your internet safety and it is not allowed according to sale rules. Your e mail can be given to members behind the scenes through a private message. (conversation)
Ahhhhhh, now I get it! Sorry to be frustrated, I get it now. I have started conversations. So the post is still up, you just pulled my email out of it, THANKS for that Toolmanmike, much appreciated! Paul

BTY, Kentucky Dragway is having a Colt Arrow bracket within their Mopar Show weekend in Sept 2021, do you think your car would like to be a part of it? I am bring my Colt.
Colt Arrow Show 9 2021.jpg

Plymouth Arrow? Didn't Don "The Snake" Prudhomme run one of those? also "dandy" Dick Landy? in the early 80's?

Plymouth Arrow? Didn't Don "The Snake" Prudhomme run one of those? also "dandy" Dick Landy? in the early 80's?
Swinger, the Snake did (Army sponsorship), but Landy did not, but Billy the Kid had Ronnie Sox at the wheel of one, it was crazy times with short wheelbase and lots of Horsepower on tap!

Charlie Malyuke at our local drag strip. He raced a Colt as well.

image1-1.jpg

image11.jpg

image0-2.jpg

-
Back