1976 360 from rv

-

dusterny

Reaction score
I just purchased a 76 360 from a rv. I think it was a class c or van type due to the fact it is a 2 bbl carb. The engine has 44k on it and when we pulled valve cover it was very clean inside. My question is how do I find out what cam is in it? It has J heads. How can I find out more on this eng.? It seams to be good condition and I would like to put it into my Duster with the least amount of cash outlay.

I cant help but my 360 came from a truck and it had a factory 4 barrell on it any difference how its built.

I just purchased a 76 360 from a rv. I think it was a class c or van type due to the fact it is a 2 bbl carb. The engine has 44k on it and when we pulled valve cover it was very clean inside. My question is how do I find out what cam is in it? It has J heads. How can I find out more on this eng.? It seams to be good condition and I would like to put it into my Duster with the least amount of cash outlay.

Just because it has a 2bbl. on it doesn't mean it came from a RV. 2bbl. carbs made it into everything except Cuda's and Challengers etc... performance only cars.

Cam size for a 1976 360 2bbl. carb is 252/252 - .410/.410

I cant help but my 360 came from a truck and it had a factory 4 barrell on it any difference how its built.

360 4bbl. engines recieved a bigger cam with these specs; 268/276 - .430/.444, also known as the 340 cam. (Doesn't matter what 340, they all got the same cam except the 1968 340 4spd manual trans carb. 276/284 - .444/.453

4bl 360's often came with a windage tray, & a double roller timing chain.

I saw the chassie in the guys yard and helped myself to all electrical parts I could find. I was also very surprised to see a 2bbl. Looked to be 3\4 to 1 ton.

Yep J heads for sure. I know now I must change cam and intake and oil pan so I might as well pull the heads to. I hope to do very little maybe touch up valves and check for cracks. With just 44 thousand on the odometer I hope engine is still in good shape.

-
Back