1978 Aspen Super Coupe, what's underneath them?

-
Hey man, IF it has the 15 x 8 cop wheels , I want them!!

They wouldn't be cop wheels, although they look like them. Cop wheels had nubs to hold he dog dishes. Quite common. Super Coupe wheels won't have the nubs for dog dishes, if I recall correctly.

Just a quick question, housing the same length as an a body? As i could use the axles from one of these to go into a dart housing?

I personally have never seen a super coupe, but a collector may need the shell to build one.

I would get the car and list it on eBay. Someone in the country is looking for one, no matter the condition. Use that money for new parts for your car. My $.02

I would get the car and list it on eBay. Someone in the country is looking for one, no matter the condition. Use that money for new parts for your car. My $.02
Or list it o FFBO , several aspen/volare sites on FB, very active. Needs good pics, description, and check out the front frame rails, they tend to rust on F bodies.
They are not worth a million $$ .although rare. MY 62 Lancer is rare, BUT........... lol

I don't know what the guy looks like, but I bet he can find a lot better lookin girlfriend than a Gran Fury.
If you want to know what he looks like I think he did a series of utube videos rebuilding his 904 transmission. Absolutely hilarious!

Hey guys:

Just a follow-up on this....
I decided to pass on it, because it didn't appear to be worthwhile. Maybe for the rear end, but otherwise, nah. From the limited amount of information I could glean, it seemed like just a regular Aspen with a rear sway bar stuck on.

I reached out to the guy with an offer to forward his contact info in an effort to help him sell it, which was responded to with a resounding NO THANKS, I'LL JUST KEEP IT AND PUT A 4 SPEED IN IT. That tells me it was most likely a total rat, or it's paper trail may have been suspect. I honestly don't know. Either way, I tried. It did not have the original wheels btw.

Thanks again for the help.

Random FABO tip - you can click on any member's user name & a menu comes up, including an 'IGNORE" feature. ;-)

random fabo tip.JPG

Click it to activate.

Thought I would post a drive after I rebuilt the trans. WARNING: I am from the south, so if you are traumatized by Gomer Pyle, Billy-Bob Thornton, Deliverance-type accents, you may not want to watch. You've been warned.

Also, before anyone states the obvious, that car was weak sauce. I drug that out of a field after it sat for a dozen years, and scrounged up the stuff to get it running again. The engine was a pass-down from my brother's Dart when he went to a 440. It was a 318 someone evidently built to replace a blown up 340, since it had X heads, 340 intake and exhaust manifolds, and some unknown cam. It just wouldn't run. With a 2.76 gear it was just dead down low and still didn't come alive up top. Probably too little CR with those heads. Enjoy.

About the only differences in the F/M body rear suspension...standard vs. heavy duty...is the leaf pack. Regular is 4 leafs, HD is 5 leafs.
5 leaf springs came with the 8.25 only and all wagons were 8.25 with HD leafs and brakes, regardless of engine.
F and M are virtually identical under the skin. Same frames, floors, etc. Just varying differences over the life of the platforms.

-
Back