1979 Dodge Warlock

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
For more money yeah I would let it go with the truck, but as of now it's for sale with no motor and no trans
looks like a red express truck, warlocks were advertised back then as black only and 440 powered. I wanted one back then.--------------bob:blob:

That is not correct.

Many colors, including orange.

Lots of green ones down here.

Nearly all engines available.

4wd as well.

looks like a red express truck, warlocks were advertised back then as black only and 440 powered. I wanted one back then.--------------bob:blob:

Looks like but not a lil red express. Maybe they were black but how do you explain the tailgate picture?? Haha just saying, no offense of course!

I love these trucks.

Unfortunately the value of a less than 95+ condition truck has not caught up with the times.

That's good, if you are keeping it.

From my response about stacks-

I had thought about picking one up, doing some tasteful mods (like stacks) and trying to sell it.

Yep, stacks cost almost what the truck is worth!

I can pick up a 78 Warlock factory 4 speed truck for under $1000, missing motor.

I have a good running 318 with 4 bbl to drop in and know where a Ramcharger with a 4 speed is.

I thought about putting stacks on it, but after researching values and selling prices, the running motor and stacks would be worth more by themselves than the completed truck!

Too bad, it would have been neat.

There's a guy at work that has generic aftermarket stacks on an f250.
It actually looks pretty good.

Maybe a truck supply place would have something similar.

Cool info, I never knew about this truck and did some recon to learn about it.

"The Dodge Warlock, originally a concept vehicle and part of Dodge's late 1970s "adult toys" line, is a short wheelbase truck that was produced in limited production in 1976 and regular production from 1977 to 1979 under the Dodge name brand by the Chrysler Corporation. They were available in 4x2 and 4x4 models and offered only in black, red, orange or green; later in 1979 it was available in 6 colors. Its main draw was that it was a factory customizable truck, also known as a "trick truck", and was designed to appeal to young 4x4 buyers. The Warlock featured custom wheels, wide tires, bucket seats, a step side bed, and oak racks for the bed. Optional equipment included five-spoke wheels, bucket seats, tinted glass, bright rear bumper, and power steering. All had black interiors accented by gold tape on the dash and the doors, and a "tuff" steering wheel. Like the standard pickups, though, it had front disc brakes, and a standard slant six. the exterior was accented by gold pinstriping around the wheel wells and the body lines. the pinstriping continued inside onto the doors, dashboard, and instrument panel. Warlock was printed in gold on the tailgate. The 1979 model however is different in that it has "Warlock II" printed on the tailgate. It appears that all normal engine options were available. It could have come with the standard straight six, the 318 with either the 2 barrel or 4 barrel carburetor, the 360, the 400, or the 440. The 318 appears to be the most common engine selected."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Warlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back