Status
Not open for further replies.

DTFTH45

We Are...Penn State!
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Posting for a friend, he is 16 and is interested in a solid, good condition, running and driving, 1980s Charger. We are in South Central PA (Lebanon County).

They where fwd all of them. Not to say a 360 didn't find it's way into a street car :D

Thanks for the replies, I think he wanted the 2.2 motor, I believe that his dad had one with a 2.2 years ago.

My brother has an 81 Charger 2.2 convertible with less than 15k original miles. Yes, convertible... The dealer sent 50 out to be specially converted....

My brother has an 81 Charger 2.2 convertible with less than 15k original miles. Yes, convertible... The dealer sent 50 out to be specially converted....

How are the 2.2s are far as performance / milage / durability?

How are the 2.2s are far as performance / milage / durability?

0 to 50 in about 7.0 sec. They get high 20's MPG city and over 32 highway. Durability was ok. Not great, but ok.

He keeps thinking about selling it, then not, then selling it, then not... He won't let it go cheap, because it is very rare and low miles.

0 to 50 in about 7.0 sec. They get high 20's MPG city and over 32 highway. Durability was ok. Not great, but ok.

He keeps thinking about selling it, then not, then selling it, then not... He won't let it go cheap, because it is very rare and low miles.

Thanks for the information, I think is more interested in a solid driver that is not a whole lot of money as he is still in high school.

What is the history with Shelby and these cars? Am I correct that the Shelby Chargers get a turbocharger?

Thanks for the information, I think is more interested in a solid driver that is not a whole lot of money as he is still in high school.

What is the history with Shelby and these cars? Am I correct that the Shelby Chargers get a turbocharger?
From 85-87 Shelby took Chargers and turbocharged them and done a few other mods more info at http://shelby-dodge.com/

There were early models of the Shelby without turbos.

The first turbo 2.2's were in the 84 Laser and Daytona.

My 2.2 runs 12.4s @ 114mph in the quarter and still gets 30 mpg. They are very durable when maintained (as will anything).

Attachments

• GLHT_GLHTT-90516752.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 239
My 2.2 runs 12.4s @ 114mph in the quarter and still gets 30 mpg. They are very durable when maintained (as will anything).

That is a quick car! What all did u do to mod it? Tubro?

By the way, what car exactly is it? :sign3:

It's an 86 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo. It has 64k miles on it. Mods? Yes. Plenty of mods. Still looks stock though. It will break the tires loose from a roll in third gear - and my tires are not worn out.

Have him go onto turbomopar.com or turbododge.com forums you will find lots there. The 2.2 turbo motors are great motors and will last forever it's when u start playing and boosting without the correct mods / fuel that will bite you. I have had my turbo car for over 20 years. Gas mileage is very decent .

Those little 2.2 and 2.5 turbo motors can be nassssty. Try 10 second k cars. Minivans that will embarrass muscle cars.

It's an 86 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo. It has 64k miles on it. Mods? Yes. Plenty of mods. Still looks stock though. It will break the tires loose from a roll in third gear - and my tires are not worn out.

Sleeper :glasses7:

Have him go onto turbomopar.com or turbododge.com forums you will find lots there. The 2.2 turbo motors are great motors and will last forever it's when u start playing and boosting without the correct mods / fuel that will bite you. I have had my turbo car for over 20 years. Gas mileage is very decent .

Thanks for the link and info, Ill be sure to pass it along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back