1985 D150 440 Before and After...

-

SleeperScamp

Reaction score
Been working on this project for almost a year and its finally coming together.. Original 318 converted to 440..

Thanks... This is my father-n-laws truck and I've been helping him with it.. I think it has turned out pretty good.. Interior has been completely redone also with factory bucket seats...

What all do you need to change to make it a 440? I would like to do the same with mine.

Going to drive this as my work truck but would love to do the same. Looks great!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 363
What all do you need to change to make it a 440? I would like to do the same with mine.[/QUOTE

It was a pretty easy swap actually.. Did have to get a smaller brake booster from a factory big block truck.. This truck had a 904 from the factory so the driveshaft was too long.. Also had to make some changes to engine wiring harness too.. I cant think of anything else we had to change...

Good looking truck, is he going to put the pen stripes back on it?
A 440 in a swb truck is a handful.

Very cool! Here is a pic of my 84 Prospector, factory 360 4bbl, all original. I just redid the carb and eventually gonna do something with it engine wise. Post pics of your interior, I would love to put factory buckets in it.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqN,!rMFH8RSYKV(BS!vIt3NT!~~48_20 (Medium).jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 310
Anyone know where I can get a factory seat cover for my '88? Didn't see a anything on Legendarys web site.

I bought a set from a guy at Carlisle 3 years ago. He did custom seats for your vehicle. He went by Petes seats. If anyone has old Carlisle programs he may be in there. I found this online but I am not sure it is him because this was a small business. He even sent me some material for the door panels. Here is what I found online but I am not sure it is him.

http://www.coverking.com/custom-seat-covers?gclid=CJm2hKW-1bsCFYEDOgodHkAA-Q

I am sure this is not him. This company has nothing as I look into it. So maybe someone has an old Carlisle program.

I will post some interior pics soon.. I found the bucket seats in a local you-pull-it in a 77-78 Dodge truck... They are the Warlock/Lil Red Express seats and they he had recovered with vinyl on the outer edges and cloth on the inserts.

-
Back