Status
Not open for further replies.

Danpd69

'69 Valiant Signet
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Up for sale is my 1987 Dodge Ram D100 Regular Cab/Short Box. It is equipped with a 360 and NP435 4-speed manual transmission. Runs and Drives Great (although it is a bit cold blooded).

The Story: I bought this truck almost 10 years ago from the second owner and it has been great. The second owner brought the truck up from Arizona. It has 128,000 original miles. Very reliable and not awful on gas (I have gotten as high as 16.5 on the highway) as it is currently running a Holley 2bbl. Ignore my signature as I was incorrect, the truck was originally a 318. The second owner installed a rebuilt 360 in it. The motor has approximately 20,000 miles. I installed a 180 thermostat and it runs nice and cool, even when stuck in Woodward Dream Cruise Traffic. The NP435 shifts great and the clutch is good.

It is a 10 foot truck, it looks good but there are some spots that need attention. There is some rust on the drivers side bed, passenger side bed and passenger door. Nothing too bad, see the pictures. Has really nice Ram Van Mag Wheels (and I have a 5th for a spare), but it will need tires.

Interior is very nice, I'd say 8.5/9 out of 10. Newer carpet, AM/FM/CD with remote. Aftermarket Tach and Gauges.

New/Newer Parts:

Brakes all the way around (re-packed wheel bearings)
Alternator
Starter
High Beam Switch
Center Link
Intermediate Shaft Rebuilt
Flowmaster 40 Exhaust (single in-dual out)
K&N Filter
Tonneau Cover

Located in Rochester Hills, MI.

Looking for $3,900 OBO

Listing here first as I would prefer to see it go to a MOPAR fan like myself. I'd like to hang onto it (and I'm not going to give it away) but priorities change. Got married, bought a house, etc. etc.

I have extra pictures available if you are interested!

Please let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_0774.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,849
  • IMG_0771.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,352
  • IMG_0775.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,478
  • IMG_0766.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,295
  • IMG_0767.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,223
Had a request for more pictures. These show some (not all) of the areas that would need touch up, and the engine!

If you want more pics just ask and I will get them!

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_0770.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,173
  • IMG_0773.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,196
  • IMG_0777.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,185
  • IMG_0776.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,177
I should also mention that I am looking for nice bumpers for my 1969 Valiant Signet, if you have a set I will take them as a partial trade!

Would dropping it to 3,500 create any interest? I would love to see the truck go to a fellow MOPAR lover. I wish I had more time and money to donate to it, but unfortunately I don't.

Would make a great rig to tow classic MOPARS to the track!

FYI, I was asked about the dash since it has a cover on it. It did come from Arizona and does has a little bit of fade, HOWEVER it is in very nice condition (other than a few small holes where I assume a CB radio once hung) .

If you are interested and want more information or photos please let me know.

FABO community, am I out of line on pricing? It runs great and cleans up nice too.

Well, potential buyers are all over this great land. If they have to add another 700 for shipping, then the price goes beyond what most people are willing to give. Not that this is your problem, but the buyer has to consider it.

I don't think so, especially on a 4 speed short wheel base truck.

If I had the cash I would buy either this or a club cab one. I think it's more that we spent all of our cash on parts for our A body projects.

Are you interested in doing a trade? I have a 73 dart sport for sale here.

Hey Begot, that is a really nice Dart you got there. If I was at a different stage in life I would probably take you up on it. At this point in the game my wife wants her parking spot back and I can put cash to better use.

Good luck with your sale!

FABO community, am I out of line on pricing? It runs great and cleans up nice too.

I think your pricing is very fair. I would be interested except I am only buying pre 75 vehicles now. California smog laws are too much hassle for me. :banghead:

Good luck with your sale! :cheers:

Mike

Thanks Mike, appreciate the kind words!

You're a better man than me, I couldn't deal with California's emissions laws!

Sold locally. Guy was thrilled to get it!

Thanks to all who responded and viewed!

Hi Dan,

I just saw your truck for the 1st time last night on here but looks like i am a little late. That truck is awesome! I am new to this so bear with me. Would have loved to taken it off your hands! I am only about 3 hours from your area too!

Kevin
unit318

Thanks Kevin, as excited as the guy was who bought it I don't think he would want to part with it.

Good luck on your hunt, I see a lot of nice older pickups pop up on here all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back