-
Status
Not open for further replies.

68383GTS

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 1994 Dodge Dakota SLT extended cab for sale.3.9 V6 auto,red with gray interior.3rd owner and body is still in nice shape.125,000 miles runs good but the overdrive quit but I still drive it to work everyday 50 round trip.
I am not sure what it would be worth I paid $3500.00 for it 3 years ago.

asking $1200.00 or A body trade,Located in Illinois

Hi Jim...I had a similar trans experience with a full size 93 Dodge truck years ago.If it's the same type of trans,the fix might be the same.
The trans worked fine but it turned out that the engine computer would'nt activate the overdrive and this when I was in the middle of Michigan on a long road trip so I really needed that extra gear with 2500 miles to go.

I talked to tech at a Dodge dealership out there and he said that overdrive is controlled by the engine computer which basically grounds the 12v circuit for the overdrive.There's a plug near the back section of the trans with two wires and if the return wire to the computer is grounded,the overdrive will switch on.I wired that return wire through a $2 toggle switch to ground and had a manually activated overdrive after that which got me home no problem.

The overdrive works the first few miles when cold then once it warms up it kicks out of overdrive.I had it looked at and they said there are some bad seals in the transmission.I will be getting pictures up soon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back