-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustyfish

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Maybe a pipe dream but looking for an unmolested, undamaged, internally rust free trunk lid for my '66.
Driveable distance to Kansas City preferred. Thanks for looking

Maybe a pipe dream but looking for an unmolested, undamaged, internally rust free trunk lid for my '66.
Driveable distance to Kansas City preferred. Thanks for looking
I might have one available if I decide to go fiberglass with mine, but that decision might not be made for a couple of months.

I might have one available if I decide to go fiberglass with mine, but that decision might not be made for a couple of months.
I'm not in a big hurry, so let me know. I'm looking at glass too, but have to get the rear end straightened out first before I do anything. Just not sure I want a pinned trunk lid.

If I go with the fiberglass, I will still use hinges; I don't want pins on the trunk either. VFN offers the hood for both hinged and pinned applications, and I am going with hinges there also. I think their hinged hood is about 10 pounds heavier due to additional reinforcement, but I really don't like the idea of having to lift the hood off and risk chipping the paint on the hood/fenders. I will let you know what I decide to do.

I have a very nice trunk lid in the rafters of my garage in factory gold paint. Would love to see it put to good use. If you are interested I will get it down and take some pictures of it for you. I am in St. Louis,Missouri. Let me know.

I have a very nice trunk lid in the rafters of my garage in factory gold paint. Would love to see it put to good use. If you are interested I will get it down and take some pictures of it for you. I am in St. Louis,Missouri. Let me know.

Sure I'd take a look at it.

Thanks

Here are pictures

IMAG0001.JPG

IMAG0002.JPG

IMAG0004.JPG

IMAG0003.JPG

IMAG0005.JPG

IMAG0006.JPG

Lid is real solid. All the inside frame work is intact with no signs of rust. What you see in the picture is surface rust. Some of the seam sealer is a little dry feeling and has a few cracks in it. Trunk lip has no rust and is about perfect. The jack instructions are no longer attached. $100.00?

Lid is real solid. All the inside frame work is intact with no signs of rust. What you see in the picture is surface rust. Some of the seam sealer is a little dry feeling and has a few cracks in it. Trunk lip has no rust and is about perfect. The jack instructions are no longer attached. $100.00?
Any ideas on shipping? 64113 There is a greyhound station not too far from me.

Let me do some research on shipping and I will get back to you. Or "road trip"?

The best I could find on shipping is with greyhound terminal to terminal based on size dimensions and weight is around $78.00. That is by their slowest means, which is when they have space available so they won't give a time estimate. Maybe you could find something cheaper, I don't know. I've never shipped anything that big before. Let me know.

Ok, well i'm out of town this weekend. Not sure if it's much cheaper for me to drive to pick it up, only safer for the part itself. If I came during the day not on a weekend, could you be available to make the exchange?

No plans for this weekend, too hot. Will be available all weekend long. Let me know what day and about what time and we will make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back