1st MOPAR car show with my Dart!

-

dazednfla1

Reaction score
Tomorrow is my 1st car show with the Dart. It's Florida MOPARS 3rd car show in Panama City. I've been working all week to get ready for it. So far the past month I've got a rebuilt steering column, steering wheel, hood scoops, tune up, and pulled out the rats nest of wiring from under the dash from the last owners. She's far from perfect but hopefully they will have a daily driver or work in progress catagory. Here's my latest picture after I painted to scoops last Monday. The Darts younger sister is in the background. I wish I could take both tomorrow.

View attachment dart now.jpg

Sweet news bro!! The car sure looks ready to go!! I wouldn't worry about any catagory, just go and have fun and be proud of that baby, I sure would be!!! Enjoy!! Geof

I'll lay money you will have more fun driving to...and back home from your car show. The look (mostly envy)on peoples faces and the "cool car" remarks when your at the red light are far better than bench racin your lawn chair.

Enjoy the ride....got any coffee shops around?

Very nice car good luck enjoy the show make some friends and look at the other cars you may see a dart with stuff that gives you some ideas that you have wanted to do. I remember my first show took a truck i built right after paint [just finished wet sanding] had not even reassembled it [interior,trim,door handles ect.] and took home a trophy [still have it] that was in 1991. Good luck have fun, i still do and remember trophys ain't everything best trophy is some one saying you have a nice car and good job.

Good lucky man, car shows are great when you have somthing to put in them. Its like a close little family for the day with sweet cars and good times to look forward to. Cheers

Normally I don't like Rallye wheels in any other color but silver, but those are working for you car. Black or dk blue? Nice.

Great looking Dart, enjoy the show! Hope you bring home a trophy!

Normally I don't like Rallye wheels in any other color but silver, but those are working for you car. Black or dk blue? Nice.

It's actually a dark grey. Almost the same color as my Magnum, mineral grey. Crazy thing is that I can see in places where it use to be sublime green. Why anyone would paint over that classic color who knows.

Didn't make it to the show. Made it about 10 miles from home and the voltage regulator decided it was time to die. So we turned around and limped home and had to wait till noon for the local parts store to get one from another store. I guess it was not meant to be for this show.

wow, sure that was a disppointment but at least it got you back home and not left on side of road. Hope you get it fixed and that is all it was. Good luck Joe

SORRY to hear that your didnt make it to the show...BUT.....there will be more...like others have said it's the compliments you will be getting..the nice ride...and the all time in my book is..when they take pics of your car the feeling that your car is in there photo album in there house that they and there friends will be looking at from time to time...

-
Back