1st post (72 swinger owner)

-

txbullets

Reaction score
I just found this site and must say I am very impressed. I currently own a stock 318 72 swinger. I also have a 1968 340 motor with original "X" heads and rebuilt 727 with a small stall I am planning to install. I am still looking for a rearend which is how I have found this site. I have never done any automotive work in my life and plan to teach myself as I go so this site should be a lot of help.

Oh yea I am from Houston, TX (Pearland actually) and would hit up the weekly rally to Kemah but need tires and some frontend work done before I can drive it too much.

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the hobby. Work safe.

Welcome to FABO!!! Chances are great you'll find all the advice -- and maybe the parts -- you'll need right here. We're glad to have ya txbullets!

Welcome.
This site is great for people who choose the "do it myself" method and contains multiple threads that shows progress of restorations.
I live here in Weatherford, Texas so if you need anything let me know.
I know where a couple of 8.75 rear ends are...what are you looking for?

Casey Davis

Welcome to a great site. I too have a 72' Swinger and you'll find alot of help and ideas for your car here.

Welcome txbullets.
You are correct :cheers: WE have some of the best of the best tec's here and some great folks that will jump in and help.
just keep us updated on your next move and take a close look around.
Jump on in and enjoy this great site, Glad to have you with us.:read2:

Welcome from another "72" owner.

Yea I was looking at yours earlier! It is very nice. Mine is actually the exact same color green as yours except I don't have a vinyl top. Like you mine used to be a darker green. Intereior is actually still the dark green color and in great shape.

Current plans for the car:

*Swap motor, tranny, and rearend
*Put disc breaks on the front so all four have BBp
*Rebuild frontend
*replace hood with a 3" 6-pack hood
*I really want to put larger rims on the car. I like the way 17" or 18" sporty rims look on old muscle cars.
*add go wing and rumble stripe

Those are the things in no particular order that I want to do to the car and then from there I would start working on the interior but like I said it is in good shape so no use messing with it now.

Welcome, welcome. Please do post photos of your Dart. My Dart is also a 72 Swinger that we just converted from a 318 to a '69 340. I'm loving driving it!!

-
Back