1st run in the demon

-

hotrod68

Reaction score
Well I got my 16 year old boy driving my dart last year so I didn't get to much wheel time for myself, that being said I built him a 71 demon over the winter, we painted it plum crazy and put a standard stroke 440 in it with eddy rpm heads, hughes solid flat tappet, M1 intake and a pro systems 1000 carb, 8 3/4 with 3.91's with ss springs and a snubber. We took it down last weekend and ran it in the 1/8 mile (for some reason they were not running the 1/4) the car went 6.74.@101mph with a 1.47 sixty foot I was pretty impressed but we only made 1 pass because of a broken header the boy is surely hooked now and loves having his own race car

Yea I'm thinking the car should run in the 10.60 range or so, I told my wife it would only be a 12 second car to keep her nerves at ease, We got in trouble. It has "had" fenderwell headers and 3 of the pipes cracked where they come off the flange, there old and were off my dart I knew they were getting thin but this was a low budget build guess I gotta bit the bullet for some new ones

Well I got my 16 year old boy driving my dart last year so I didn't get to much wheel time for myself, that being said I built him a 71 demon over the winter, we painted it plum crazy and put a standard stroke 440 in it with eddy rpm heads, hughes solid flat tappet, M1 intake and a pro systems 1000 carb, 8 3/4 with 3.91's with ss springs and a snubber. We took it down last weekend and ran it in the 1/8 mile (for some reason they were not running the 1/4) the car went 6.74.@101mph with a 1.47 sixty foot I was pretty impressed but we only made 1 pass because of a broken header the boy is surely hooked now and loves having his own race car
Very good time for a frist time out. What compression are you runing? Have any pics of the car? It should go even faster when you get your 60 foot down some more. Best of luck on the father/ son racing.

some pics

Bens car-Demon-Tractor parts 002.JPG

Bens car-Demon-Tractor parts 003.JPG

Bens car-Demon-Tractor parts 005.JPG

Bens car-Demon-Tractor parts 004.JPG

ordered the new fenderwell headers today, going back the track 2nd weekend in june cant miss mopars in the park this coming weekend, I'll get some better pics when its back together and cleaned up

Well the boy is getting better and better, made to the 4th round at the last race then went red with a -.006 car runs great and very consistent 10.68-10.71 every run, I seem to have more fun helping him then racing myself, just cant beat going to the track with your boy!

Well the boy is getting better and better, made to the 4th round at the last race then went red with a -.006 car runs great and very consistent 10.68-10.71 every run, I seem to have more fun helping him then racing myself, just cant beat going to the track with your boy!
you sound like a really cool dad . all my dad could think about was work and cattle. a lot of work for small time, 297 head black angus operation.

you sound like a really cool dad . all my dad could think about was work and cattle. a lot of work for small time, 297 head black angus operation.
I know how that go's!
My buddy got married didn't stop him from racing, had a kid didn't stop him.........Bought a farm with a few cattle..........
68 Dart GT w/383 and wife's 73 Duster w/360, They have Not came out of His Barn in 15 Years!!!!

Love the looks of the Demon (and all the rest of your shop :D). I'm still hooked on the old skool looks, always will be..... :)

I'm really hoping he stays interested, but with graduation coming next year and collage after that who knows?? I try to do as much as I can with him because sooner or later they're grown and moved out "man I'll be bored" On the flip side I let my 13 year old daughter drive the demon around the yard last night "with me in it of course" and within 5 mins we were doing 360's in the grass, guess who's racing next.

IMG_0403.JPG
My boy entered his second real race with his demon and went 6 rounds and into final, he dialed in @ a 10.72 and broke out with a 10.71 with a 6, man it was a good race and a whole lotta fun, he's already won more rounds then the old man.

Sounds like the next Force family in development to me. Congratulations dad, your kids have no idea how lucky they are. You can be proud!!

-
Back