1st Season T & T's

-

onehellofadart

Reaction score
Well this was my first season trying to get back into racing in about
30 years. Got my car out of the shop in May 04. 1st time out ran a
disappointing 14.883 @ 95mph. It was all me. After months of
adjustments (mostly to my technique) and questions I ended the year with a 13.212 @ 104.19MPH. Modifications along the way were New msd distributor,6al box , blaster coil, and finally after fighting it for 6 months screwed the tires to the rims.
Part of the problem was my misconception of the weight of this car with my a$$ in it. At conception I believed the weight of the car with me in it was going to be 3100lbs. Turned out to be 3500lbs. I wanted the best of both worlds and argued I only wanted 3:91 gears since it was 90% street car. I should of listened but didn't since I don't do that much distance travel with it anymore.
All in all I did manage to drop et 1.671 seconds and gain 9.19MPH. You have all heard my problems along the way and I thank you for your help here at NEBR also at FABO, and Mop/Tech. Over the winter I am going to install a Hurst pist Quart stick, Cope rev valve body and 4:30 gears, may also go for a bit more stall.
I am def looking forward to next season and hope to be way down in the 12's . Of course then I will be crying about how to get into the 11's. The bug has bit me and bit me hard.

Tony 1.6 second reduction is good anyway you look at it.

I think your planned changes will work out real well.

Props is props.
Besides don't you guys understand psychology?
FABO has over 400 members M/T the same.
Secret membership drive enclosed in first message.
:D

onehellofadart said:
Props is props.
Besides don't you guys understand psychology?
FABO has over 400 members M/T the same.
:D

what was that ?

:wink:

Thats what makes this board great. Everyones a comedian :mrgreen:

Your right. Besides information there is a camaradarie
and friendship between alot of people who have never
even met.
Most of that is your doing Adam :salut:
Also alot of funny people. :thumrigh:

You did real well this year, compared to me.
Over the years I whittled my way down to a 12.62 @ 102 and never found that numer or anything close to it again. Been batteling with lots of bugs, with the old car and even more with the new one. Can never get the cars to run consistant numbers either.
Like Mikel said remember it's fun.
Next year will be even better for you once you get the tranny shifting worked out and the car to hook up right. Just remember it might be one step forward and two back when you change the gears. It will probably really over power the tires with 4.30's and a higher stall converter. You might want to think about how to get , and what to do about the way the car hooks up, while you are doing the upgrades over the winter.
I have been changing multiple things, between the distributor, and carburator, and haven't gotten the chance to get it back to the track yet. And to add to it I will be changing at least the torque converter and possibly the tranny over the winter, So I won't know what affected what. That will be the fustration part. The fun part will be when I can make a full complete pass with nothing going wrong.
Good luck and we will try and help with the traction part of you're combo, but with 4.30' the 26" tires might be a little short

Next year I hope to beat my best time of never being on the track with atleast a 13.99. :D

Which would still be pretty slow for a car with 13" wide tires and a 5" scoop 8)

-
Back