1st tattoo

-

rlk340

Reaction score
Well last saturday was my 40th b-day,May30th. So I decided to get my 1st tattoo with out the wife knowing or approving. That's why it's taken a week to post it cuz she was PISSED off at me & wouldn't talk to me for 3 days. Lets see if you guys can figure it out. It has a lot of meaning to me not just a random tattoo, Russell

tattoo.jpg

Did you name your son John Wayne? The Duke?
C

It's a peace of a puzzle for sure :cheers:

Looks painful to me to Adam. 8)

Well last saturday was my 40th b-day,May30th. So I decided to get my 1st tattoo with out the wife knowing or approving. That's why it's taken a week to post it cuz she was PISSED off at me & wouldn't talk to me for 3 days. Lets see if you guys can figure it out. It has a lot of meaning to me not just a random tattoo, Russell

If thats all it would take to get my wife not to talk to me for 3 days...I would have done that a while ago LOL...

Nice, Ive got a couple. No Mopar ones yet though........thinkng of a some ideas though. It's addictive after you have some.

just a guess, has to do with autism. puzzle pieces are the symbol for it? right.

You are correct, the puzzle piece represents autism. Since they have no cause or cure for it, it's a puzzle to solve. And its also a life long. The only thing you can do for it now is treatment & plenty of intervention. The earlier its diagnosed the better. My son was diagnosed at 2 1/2 & he 7 now & he has made HUGE strides in getting better. He's in 1st grade & he's intergrated with "normal" kids & he's doing great. He still has his moments but it's not as bad as it used to be. Autism affects 1 in every 150 children born today & no one knows why or how to cure it. Thats the reason I put the words "for life" under the puzzle piece cuz it's for life like the tattoo. I can't be the only dad here with a child with Autism can I? Here's him & i from the auto show from a few yrs ago.

100_0093.jpg

No clue what it means but it looks like it hurt.

Yes it did hurt,some areas more than others but it wasn't to bad. When he did the shading to fill in the puzzle piece that hurt. He used a needle that had 13 needles nicknamed the "shovel".

Thats a great tattoo with great meaning. You wife should be proud, not mad.

My brother has both his arms sleeved, An amazing thing for someone with no job, LOL I would love to get tattood but I have a fear of needles.

My brother has both his arms sleeved, An amazing thing for someone with no job, LOL I would love to get tattood but I have a fear of needles.

I'm afraid of needles also, but since I wasn't watching him do it I was ok. It's on the back of my left calf, so I was laying down on a table looking at my friend laugh at me cuz he has a bunch of tattoo's & He knew how much it was hurting, especially when they brought out the big needle to do the fill in.

My wife Lisa and I have 6 year old twin boys, Tristan & Griffin. They are the bright lights in our life! Tristan was diagnosed with high functioning Autism when he was 3. Since then he has been involved with a local organization here in town called the CORE Association. They deal with children and adults with all forms of mental and physical disabilities.
Since he was diagnosed and we had early intervention, hes has a one on one aid at school, grade 1 and he has an after school aid everyday who works with him to develop his social skills and just learning to deal with the real world. It has been night and day for him, yes he still has his moments but mostly he is a happy little boy who loves everyone and life!

I have been involved with my local Drag racing track to promote Autism awareness in the community. For the last 2 years I have set up a contest called Crew Member for a Day. 2 kids get a chance to be a crew member on a pro car for a day. Last year it was Top Alcohol dragsters and Funny cars and this year it was Pro mods!
The kids had a blast. Along with this CORE has set up at our track and we talked to people and handed out info on Autism and where they can find help here in our city.

As well I went around town and raised donations for CORE for the Children's Services and to date we have raised just about $8000.00 for them.

I am also kicking off an Autism Awareness program at the track called Racing to Find the Pieces of the Puzzle. I am getting stickers made up to hand out to all the racers and continuing to do fund raising and promote awareness.

This year I was blessed to have had a mother approach us at the track. She told us about here 12 year old daughter who is Autistic and that she was at the end of her rope because she did not have anywhere to turn for help with special funding etc. There is help now, I introduced her to the people from CORE and they have been able to help her get funding and are now working with her daughter and her one on one!

Even in a city where help is available sometimes people fall through the cracks.

My wife Lisa has been the driving force in opening doors for Tristan. She does not take no for an answer. When we were told that he may lose funding at school she keep hounding the school board until finally they found funding for us! They didn't know what hit them! LOL

So I applaud your effort in helping to continue the awareness for Autism, I am sure you already have many people asking you what is that tattoo and what does it mean? A perfect opportunity to pass the word about Autism and Autism awareness.

Wow, by getting that tattoo you're really taking a stand on raising awareness, and helping other parents and kids. It's great to hear your son is doing well.

That sounds like my brother. He has no job but some how gets these big tattos all over. LOL Wish I could find out how to buld my cars with no money.

Nice Tatto Russ. Nice to have some ink on you that has meaning and you can be proud of and live with for the rest of your life. Hope your son keeps up the good fight.

Your son has an advocate for a dad. He is Blessed! I'm proud of you and know somewhat of what you are going through! I'm also an advocate for my daughter, who has CP.

awesome i love ink with meanin..i have 11 so far and plan on gettin more..still workin on somethin for my son...people with autism have amzing talents sometimes i read an article in a science mag a few weeks ago and there were 3 diff people who are autistic and can draw these amazingly detailed scenes from jus a glance of a building or scenic view

That has to be one of THE coolest tat's I've seen in ages..... My sister is Wicken and has owned Harleys so you know she's got some ink. Some of it is cool, some of it I don't understand because it's from Wicken religion. But your's is awesome!!!

I worked for a Nissan dealer here in Queens that one of the owners, Mike Koufakis, has a pair of children with Autism. From what I've heard, he's very involved with Autism awareness, spending mucho time and money suppoting the cause.

Your the member of the month in my eyes. Too bad your wife reacted the way she did.

I want to thank every one that replied, it means alot to me. My son is high functioning now with ADHD showing up now. We don't want to put him on meds, so were dealing with it the best we can. Even though my work schedule is hectic & unpredictable as to where I'll be, I never miss a IEP meeting with his teachers & aids that help him on a daily basis. Austistic kids don't do well with major changes & my work schedule changed to where I wasn't there in the mornings to give him a shower & it took a while to work that one out. My wife & I attend a monthly parent support meeting to talk with other parents to see what ideas work for their kids & what works for ours to see if these things can help out. When I first showed my son the tattoo, he recognized his name & the puzzle piece for being about Autism. I told him what the "for life meant & he said he liked it. The next day he told my that he liked it, but was afraid that I was gonna turn into a gangster cuz they have tattoo's & they do bad things. I had to sit him down & explain that just cuz daddy has a tattoo doesn't mean I'm gonna be a bad person now. I asked him if Grand Ma, my 2 sisters, my cousins where bad people & he said no, then I told him that they all have tattoo's also. He was shocked to find out that my mom has a tattoo. I thought that was funny, the look on his face... Again thank all you for your support, FABO is the best out there, Russell

Awesome RLK! I have a very good friend here in Colorado who has a son suffering from severe CP, COPD and is 100% deaf. We thought we lost him about 6 times but he's still alive and learning.

What you are doing is great my friend and I wish you the very best. :) You have our support.

-
Back