1st track time with my Dart *vid inside*

-

67moparfan

Reaction score
my goal was to beat my brothers Nova.....SUCCESS!!! :bootysha:

1st run of the night was paired with my brother and I got an 11.02 @ 122.12, he got 11.91 @ 110.67.

2nd run was 11.08 @ 122.02 (car was swaying like back end was loose throughout the track on this one) tire pressure maybe??

the 60ft was 1.65

oh so much fun!!! way more fun than my turbo civic!

developed a fuel leak so only got 2 runs in, oh well...fix fuel leak and go for 10's!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSDBOa5EYyk"]11.02 run[/ame]

heres the 2nd pass:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmxZo4iwuPA"]11.08 run[/ame]

360 stock bore/stroke (zero deck height)
Ross pistons (13:1 advertised I was told by previous owner)
H-beam rods
internally balanced 360 crank
Mopar Purple shaft .590" lift (dont know the duration, was in it when I bought it)
Mopar roller rockers
Brodix heads
Mopar Air-gap
Holley 4150HP 950cfm (un-tuned atm, its a little fat)
Full MSD Ignition
Barry Grant fuel system
904 (internals unknown, I didnt open it up) with I think a Cheetah valve body
unknown 8" converter....it flashes to about 5300 rpm
9" with I believe 4.88's
31x13-15 Goodyears
26x4.5-15 M/T ET Front
2780lbs with me in it.

good job!
just need to not burn off the tires will hook better.what kinda air pressure and what kinda tires are you running?

good job!
just need to not burn off the tires will hook better.what kinda air pressure and what kinda tires are you running?

i only did this for the very first run, as these tires have not seen the track in about 1.5 years.

they are Goodyears, but I dont remember the exact size (they are big)
this run I had 9psi (went with what my brother runs, but he has smaller tires too), the next run I went to 8.5psi...this is when the car seems loose all the way down the track (with 8.5psi)...unless it was just more windy on the 2nd run...I really didnt notice the wind before or after either run.

this is all new to me, this is the fastest car I have ever driven/owned.

git'n after it! have you thought about taking some gear out of the rear? either way that run looked good.

i only did this for the very first run, as these tires have not seen the track in about 1.5 years.

they are Goodyears, but I dont remember the exact size (they are big)
this run I had 9psi (went with what my brother runs, but he has smaller tires too), the next run I went to 8.5psi...this is when the car seems loose all the way down the track (with 8.5psi)...unless it was just more windy on the 2nd run...I really didnt notice the wind before or after either run.

this is all new to me, this is the fastest car I have ever driven/owned.

Ok cool you'll get it figured out with seat time.

Start at 14 psi, then lower each time. And if not 4 radials, it will always seem to float in the traps. Scarey, lol.

Start at 14 psi, then lower each time. And if not 4 radials, it will always seem to float in the traps. Scarey, lol.

really, 14 psi? I thought that would be a little high, but I'll try it. worse can happen is no traction off line right?

this first run was pretty straight, I'll upload the 2nd run, you can really see the difference. (plus I short shifted the 2nd run, both shifts :toothy9:)

thanks again everyone!!!

-
Back