2.02 360 Heads

-

DartVador

Reaction score
I have not kept up with Mopar small block engines for a LONG time. Between a fighting a divorce in the 90s, a complete location change, giving up a way of life (farming), and hard financial times the last 10 years - I had no time or money to work on or build any cars.

Sometime in the early 90s I had a buddy give me (or sell cheap - don't remember) a set of 2.02 heads he said were from a police version of a 360. The casting number is 4323345. I have looked them up and they indeed appear to come from a police 360.

They are a little rusty from sitting around. I know that to be worth anything to anyone, they would need to be cleaned up and magnafluxed to show no cracks.

My question and what I don't know since I have fallen out of touch on older Mopar engines; If I had these heads cleaned up and reconditioned, as long as they are not cracked; would it be worth it? I have fallen out of touch on what is popular or good to use in a SB build. Of course, there will be differences of opinion here. I just don't want to spend money to rebuild them just to only get my money back. I plan on getting my magnifying glass out to see if I can see any cracks between valve seats. As I quickly look at them I don't see any but I know magnafluxing is the only way to go.

I would sell them as cores. IF you put work into them it will be hard to get back. I sold a set of 2.02 J heads for $250

You will not get your money back if you go any further than disassembly, cleaning, and magnaflux. Sell them as cores, or toss them because if they have 2.02s already someone was already in them.

These heads were 2.02s from new - according to the info that comes up when you look the number up.

So what are they worth as cores? Right now - I have no builds planned where I would use them.

Thank you for the answers. I figure asking never hurts.

Where did you get that casting number my book shows a 4323346 but no 4323345??

-
Back