2.5'' on 318?

-

321Scamp

Reaction score
I will be redoing the exhaust on my car as soon as the engine is pulled to get the body repainted. With the engine out I was planning on installing a set of TTI headers. I was going to build my own exhaust system with 2.5" tubing, from header to X-pipe to Dynamax Ultra Flows. Is that to big? It is not a stock 318, it has been bored to 321 ci., 600 cfm 4bbl, mild cam, and soon a 3.91 sure grip.

i would say that its a ggod sized exhaust, some people will probably say that its alitle big but it will leave some room to grow if you deside that you need more power in the future, and bigger pipes usualy sounds alitle heavier ;)

hell i have 3" and i never cap my cutouts lol. gained e/t open versus my flowmasters. too big for a 318, but i wont need to redo my exhaust when i put a bigger mill in there. :D

Flow master put out a general guide some time ago. They recomend 2-1/2 pipe for a 300 HP & up engine.
I also currently have 2-1/2 pipes on my 318.
Stock pistons in a '79 mill with Hooker headers, small crane cam and 4bbl. (3.21 gears on a stock tire) So far, it feels good.

I've ran a 2.5" system on my dart with a mild 318 with headers the car ran fine,with no problems at all,sorry I cant give any e.t. as ive never raced the car,but it was alot of fun on the street.I'm restoring it and putting the 340 back in,with stock manifolds.The headers seem to bottom out on right side.Headman headers is what I ran,oh well, live and learn. Good luck!

that does seam like a good deal but it don't come with mufflers or x-pipe. Im not sure if it is s great deal though

-
Back