2 bbl to /6

-

GoldDart

Reaction score
I too am trying this conversion. Have yet to find a pic of a converted
throttle linkage (going from perpendicular to parallel to engine) I have a
2bbl manifold w/ Carter bbd but don't know if its right (1 1/4 vs 1 1/2) ?
would 1 1/2 mean more cfm and what is too much? Carb came from
a dodge d100 truck, don't see a dash pot, or bowl vent. Should I
can this one and start looking around?

On a slant you can put as much as a small 4 barrel of 280ish cfm without putting another cam. I swapped a single for a two barrel on mine when I had it and what a difference in performance. Unfortunately I don't have any pics for you, but an older mopar mechanic did the swap for me.

Thanx, I found a remanufactured on e-bay that was meant for the
slant six. I think I'll go that way and pass this other carb on to someone
who knows more about them and rebuilding them than I do.
image.php

On the linkage issue, use a cable. I got an Aspen accelerator into my Dart by making a bracket out of some random sheet metal, used a new F/M/J body throttle cable, and it was a lot easier than trying to fab up a rod linkage.

Lokar, Buchlion(sp), or like a friend does he goes to a bike (motorcycle) shop and get one thats perfect.
Just some thoughts,
Frank

Here are a few pictures of what I did. The car was messed with by the old owner so I had a junk carb on it with no choke or kick down to start with. I added the new Carter carb and lokar kick down. I still have to make a bracket for the manual choke but this got me driving with out all the problems the old carb was giving me.

06-15-09 165.jpg

06-15-09 166.jpg

06-15-09 167.jpg

06-15-09 168.jpg

06-15-09 169.jpg

The Carb I used was speced for a 70 B body 318 auto. I had to tack on the bracket I made for the kick down. Hope this helps,
Wayne

Wayne
Nice job. How hard was it to get your kickdown adjusted? Do you have a picture of the other end(trans) of your kickdown linkage.
Frank

Hello Frank,
It's not too tough to adjust. The trick is getting the 1.7 inch of "pull" on the cable from the idle position to the WOT position of the carb linkage. This is why I put a slot in the piece I added to the linkage bracket on the carb.You set the KD to be fully pulled when you are at WOT. The lower section on the trans uses a (supplied with the Lokar kit) bracket bolted to the trans. Since the stock rod pushed the lever in the trans and the cable pulls the lever the cable is routed down the trans tunnel and loops back near the tail shaft where it meets the supplied bracket. It's an easy install. Sorry but I did not take any pictures. My car is pretty low and my lift is tied up right now with my 55 T-Bird. You may be ablt to access the instructions from Lokar's website.
Take Care,
Wayne

OK that makes sense. I just bought another Ram truck with a super six set up. This one had a Lokar on it for the Kickdown instead of the factory piece. Looks like the fabbed bracket on the carb is too short and doesnt have enough throw.
Thanks Wayne now a have a clue as to what I need to fix.
Frank

Tom, This is a late message, but I finally got my son's Dart up and running. I took you advise and went with the thrush and Clifford headers......WOW!!!! It sounds like a small V8.. Most people think it is a 318.. I opened the valves, upped the compression, and made a 2bbl set up. He is terrorizing the subdivision doing laps...His smile says it all!!!!!!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You..I am officially the best Dad in the world. We went with citron-yells go-wing, slit scoopes, and chromed rallies. He got creative with the interior and we used seat covers that are black and yellow, Also dyed the door panels yellow, and everything else black. It looks like a Dick Tracy mobile, only my son has no idea who Dick Tracey is

This is a late message, but I finally got my son's Dart up and running. I took you advise and went with the thrush and Clifford headers......WOW!!!! It sounds like a small V8.. Most people think it is a 318.. I opened the valves, upped the compression, and made a 2bbl set up. He is terrorizing the subdivision doing laps...His smile says it all!!!!!!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You..I am officially the best Dad in the world. We went with citron-yells go-wing, slit scoops, and chromed rallies. He got creative with the interior and we used seat covers that are black and yellow, Also dyed the door panels yellow, and everything else black. It looks like a Dick Tracy mobile, only my son has no idea who Dick Tracey is

-
Back