2 parts stuck and need solutions. pronto

-
spray sum carb cleaner down around the side of it.and the same with the gear were it goes threw the block...........Artie

sjk4Q.jpeg

This is where i have managed to work that gear up to

I see what looks like bits of metal everywhere.You need to pull the pan and get a new oil pump,Im sure its full of metal also.BTW at that height the drive shaft should be out of the oil pump so more then likely its got carbon build up on it and just tight in the hole.Also with the lift and the shaft being hard to remove chances are the oil wasn't changed regularly in that motor over time and has carbon thru out it so it wouldn't hurt to go thru the entire thing and clean it up real good.

You are planning on pulling it all apart and flushing all the goop & metal shavings out of it, right?

I don't think those are metal shavings. It looks like those are highlights from the flash of the camera reflecting off the little bumps in the block and the little film of oil left. probably looks nothing like that in the real world.

I don't think those are metal shavings. It looks like those are highlights from the flash of the camera reflecting off the little bumps in the block and the little film of oil left. probably looks nothing like that in the real world.
Could be.....but looks like there is crap on the drive shaft.....

I see what looks like two big chunks of metal sitting in oil at the top end lifter housing.Plus look at the carbon build up in the dist. hole.Not saying the motor is junk but it does need a good cleaning to be effient.

-
Back