2 post lift

-

Bigdummy

Not a Nova
Reaction score
Wish I had one.Went by my friends house and supervised.Saw a block that brought back memories 5.30's in the 1/8th peddeling.
20170206_195925.jpg
20170206_195921.jpg
20170206_195929.jpg
20170206_195931.jpg
20170206_200039.jpg

Three of my friends have lifts, two with four post and one with a two post. I really want one but the cost would take away from my build money.

I bought and installed a 10 ton 2 post certified Eagle lift in 2013. Best money I ever spent! I kick myself in the *** for not doing this 10-15 years ago.

My 68 with Tag and tag bracket.jpg

I bought and installed a 10 ton 2 post certified Eagle lift in 2013. Best money I ever spent! I kick myself in the *** for not doing this 10-15 years ago.

View attachment 1715015556

While you are kicking your own *** do mine too lol.... Had mine over a year and looking back on my life and all the stupid, and outlandish things I have thrown good money away on how did I never own one before now....

I just snagged a Fleet Transmission Jack and Stands for a song so life is got for using the lift now....

JW

Just got one last summer from a member, prob could have used some adult supervision raising it. No FABO members were hurt either!
DSC00565.JPG

I put a 4 post and 2 post in the garage. As said above Should have done this years ago...

Would love to have one, but my small garage has a steel support beam running width wise. Limits lift height.

Anyone, have and/or use one off those lifts that go under the car/frame? Not scissor type but rather the ones that go under frame and allow access to center of the vehicle?

Pat

Last edited:
I just got a used 10000 lbs Grand 2 post heavy duty hoist for 800 bucks looks new and still inspected one of my better purchases .

I am blessed to have good folks near by, and I mean just a 2 minute drive away...Victoria is high and dry today and for the last 10 months as he stores it for me, as soon as the weather is right and my friends get there things dun they need dun we will get back to her :thumbsup:

15622242_1498145636867444_8478714471476522661_n.jpg

I Love This Post.jpg

Seeing people install their own. Please have it checked every few years. And please stay away from cheap off brand ones. Remember, you're still putting several thousand pounds of metal up in the air. Accidents can and do happen, so be professional in your approach to using one.
I've had one for over 16yrs in my shop, and I've had 11K lb trucks 6 foot in the air. Can't imagine not having one, and have mine inspected every 2-3 yrs, just to know its in top condition.

Seeing people install their own. Please have it checked every few years. And please stay away from cheap off brand ones. Remember, you're still putting several thousand pounds of metal up in the air. Accidents can and do happen, so be professional in your approach to using one.
I've had one for over 16yrs in my shop, and I've had 11K lb trucks 6 foot in the air. Can't imagine not having one, and have mine inspected every 2-3 yrs, just to know its in top condition.
this is very good advice, Also, I highly recommend getting solid, quality jackstands designed for use with a lift and placing those under the vehicle as well when working. I've seen vehicles tip off from being yanked on too much. I actually anchor mine front and back to the floor as well.

Ouch, I do check the nuts in the floor studs every few months they do loosen up.

Bendpak, Challenger, Ammco(made by Challenger). Search for installers, and ask what brands they will install.

I looked at a lot of lifts before deciding on a Dannmar certified 10k 2 post lift. Best advice I found was no one ever wishes they bought a smaller cheaper lift. The first time you stand under your car you will understand exactly what that means.

20170203_202357.jpg

I have a benwill tpro 7, came out of a gm dealer I think. Only issue is they went out of business and parts are $

-
Back