2 questions

-

Biffelina

Reaction score
Hi, I have 2 suspension questions that I'll need answers to. I think my leafsprings on my dart 72 is totally worn out. the car have a pair of "hijackers" air shocks in the rear and I testet to remove the air from the shocks to see how low it was without it, and it is like slammed without air.. :( The leafsprings doesn't have the "banana" shape at all.. It is straight.. Is the leafsprings that's on junk?
If I need to replace them, what should I get?
And I don't want it to be low in the rear.. More like high in the rear and low in the front haha but not extreme ;)

My second question is about torsion bars, right now the front end is extremely loose.. I want it kind of stiff. What size is to recommend with a small block engine?

Sorry for my bad English.. Hope you understand what I mean!
Regards from Sweden

I would go with mopar "HD" springs in the back, they were stock on 340 cars I believe. Or you can have your existing springs re-arched.
For the front, any T-bar over 1" will make your car drive a lot nicer.
-good luck

Larger torsion bars the better and for leaf springs, I currently have the mopar SS springs on my car and really like them but Espo's are another option and are very nice springs

Yeah the rears might be done. I say might because straight is not necessarily a bad thing. But an upside-down bananas would be bad.The heavy duty springs on my car are very nearly straight. Straight will control the car a tad better in the turns. But if you can't stand the looks of it, well that's another matter.
As to the front;
Shocks! I bet yours are shot. And maybe tire pressures.
While increased springing is always a good thing, if the Shocks can't control the action, it will be nearly as rock and roll, as with the original bars

Last edited:
Okay what kind of lbs are you guys using On the ss Spring? 2,800 3,300 3,400 3,600 3,800?

I'm planing to order everything from summit;)

I will look in to new front shocks to ;) thanks

Okay what kind of lbs are you guys using On the ss Spring? 2,800 3,300 3,400 3,600 3,800?

I'm planing to order everything from summit;)

I will look in to new front shocks to ;) thanks
I use the 2,800 lb springs on my dart. Part number 4120864 and 4120863. They are side specific

-
Back