2" spacer

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Is there any advantage to running a 2" spacer on a regular edelbrock performer intake? Will it help it flow similar to a Weiand Stealth or an LD4b? Going on a mild 318. I already have the performer as I upgraded to the LD340 on my 67 Dart with a built 360. Trying not to waste my money if you know what I mean. thanks.

It will increase plenum volume if it is an open, and depending on the build, (cam, heads, etc) it may or may not help performance. Just my experience would say it would ad a few more rpm potential to the manifold.
A four hole usually adds some low end and better response.

Note I say maybe and usually, its really hard to tell without trying them.

I found that if you do run a taller bigger intake it will help on the high rpm but you should store some vacuum for the low rpm. Vacuum canister on a stock engine is what I seen old folks do.

Is there any advantage to running a 2" spacer on a regular edelbrock performer intake?

I'd so no, more likely not. Build dependent thing. There could be power to be had, but it would be small. Again, build dependent.

Will it help it flow similar to a Weiand Stealth or an LD4b?
There excellent intakes as well. Keep in mind, the PErformer replaced the LD4B for a good reason.
I like the LD4B for it's large runners and a no brainer upgrade over a stock iron intake. Though the 340/360 intakes will stand toe to toe with it, you just need a build strong enuff to see a difference.

If it's a low out put build, you'll never know whats on there until you look and feel little difference.

The Stealth is also a excellent part.

Going on a mild 318. I already have the performer as I upgraded to the LD340 on my 67 Dart with a built 360. Trying not to waste my money if you know what I mean. thanks.

Use the Performer on the 318 and be fine with it.

-
Back