2 speed wiper motor - only 1 speed

-

jrcr_15

Reaction score
Hi everyone hoping to bounce a few ideas off anyone reading this.

I have been helping my brother get his 71 Duster sorted out so he can get it saftied amd get it on the road.

We have been trying to figure out the deal with the wipers.

It is a 2 speed motor, and he has the proper 2 speed switch. But he is only getting 1 speed (high). Not low, and the high speed it quite slow. I am wondering if the motor is the issue? Or potentially the ballast that the black wires go to?

On high, we are getting power at the red wire and blue (accessory).

Anyone experienced a similar issue?

Thanks

Best thing I can suggest is go over to MyMopar and download the closest thing you can get for your model the factory service manual and read the wiper section in chapter 8 of the manual. Sometimes it also helps to read the same thing a year or two later/ earlier

Thank you for the info.. Are you aware of a way to bench test a wiper motor?

My best advice again, is read through that manual. there are some tests there in the text section, and that varies some year-to-year, so like I said don't be afraid to download several years of manuals.

"Used to be" the Passion for Mopars website had some good info, but that site seems to have fallen into problems

At the motor,

Blue Is full time power with ignition on, trough the circuit breaker built into the switch.

Red is high speed.

Brown/trace Or black is low speed through the resistor.

Green seems to be Connected to the park switch in the motor for final park.

Seems the best I can find to explain it. The manual does not break it down that far. Google for detailed switch info.

At the motor,

Blue Is full time power with ignition on, trough the circuit breaker built into the switch.

Red is high speed.

Brown/trace Or black is low speed through the resistor.

Green seems to be Connected to the park switch in the motor for final park.

Seems the best I can find to explain it. The manual does not break it down that far. Google for detailed switch info.
Thank you that is extremely helpful. Much appreciated

-
Back