2 tone hood - Vinyl Wrap Experiment

-

perko

Reaction score
Hey all,
I thought I'd try to get some opinions before I go through with this project. My buddy is going to vinyl wrap his vanagon and I told him we could practice on the duster since its already ugly. I thought we'd just do the hood because its small and wouldn't be to expensive. normally I would do it flat black, but since the van is going to be two-tone (orange and white) we want to practice getting two different sheets of vinyl down correctly. The only problem is I haven't really seen any pictures where two colors work well on the hood. Its a 73 so its got the later style hood. Any ideas or photos out there? the car is currently a very faded yellow and rust.

Do a big diagonal call out frame in white on orange and throw a big 318-2 in there. Or you could do a Hang-10 tribute and make a center stripe that ends in a point on the beak. Id like to "wrap" my old SC400 with a matte black piece that covers the fading top paint and rear deck lid. Its all just blotching paint I need to cover and dont want to $$ paint it.

Do a big diagonal call out frame in white on orange and throw a big 318-2 in there. Or you could do a Hang-10 tribute and make a center stripe that ends in a point on the beak. Id like to "wrap" my old SC400 with a matte black piece that covers the fading top paint and rear deck lid. Its all just blotching paint I need to cover and dont want to $$ paint it.

There's always Maaco.

Maaco painted my LS400's hood and fender and it came out perfect! I got no complaints about my Maaco.

-
Back